Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> Display 7MB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did exactly and again blank screen after this
yes, graphics issue

read up:

@mamPHP your profile says i5-8400, do you have any additional letters after 8400?

According to this
only i5-8400H supports Integrated Graphics so sorry if I bring bad news, but if the model isn't i5-8400H you don't have igpu

@Feartech Ok, Intel of course know there specs but why TechPowerUp list show only i5-8400H having IG.
I don't know about these things, it was just a thought to check for hardware compatibility :oops:

@Feartech Ok, Intel of course know there specs but why TechPowerUp list show only i5-8400H having IG.
I don't know about these things, it was just a thought to check for hardware compatibility :oops:
if the CPU did not have intel graphics, then mamPHP would not have any image on the screen....

Ouch!!! My bad brain :lol:

@mamPHP As my brain has partially restored from my last crash I was thinking if your kexts are injected, have you ticked the inject kext box on systemparameters in clover configurator

"Intel Crystal Well Integrated Graphics Controller"?

The OP is listing UHD 630.

The whole point of the framebuffer guide is figuring out connector config, but Hackintool can just dump it with no thought?

With base64 binary data, you can't read the parameters to verify, so too many ways for this to go wrong in context and not be noticed.

I appreciate the effort that goes into making and using a tool like Hackintool, but it's not helpful to those struggling to grok essential config. You have to have the ability to do everything on your own that tool helps with in order to make sense of how to use it. There are so many ways to go wrong with it that it feels like black magic. If a spell works, you are lucky. If not you will never figure it out because you can't understand the tool without understanding the entire problem it is designed to solve. So the cut and paste is no help for anyone.

@mamPHP just because you have an outboard GPU that works means nothing for the integrated graphics, so don't gripe about how unbelievable it is that it doesn't just work zomg

Hackintool output may help, or it may not. Hackintool can as easily be the source of a problem as a solution. By reading Dortania and WEG you will get closer to the mystical wisdom. And Hackintool will make a bit more sense, although it's still incomprehensible to be. It needs a guide.

The biggest challenge of hackintosh is that it's all based on hacks not engineering. So you have to think like a wizard and not be surprised / afraid to get burned by spells you don't understand. It's a dark art. Hackintool is canned spells which can lead you astray from the light of the true path.

Suggest getting away from Clover and heading towards OC.

Go read the Dortania guide then consult the Whatevergreen FAQ for the device id for your hardware. Use the minimal config as described at Dortania and WEG. Then proceed to connector patching, if necessary, per the Framebuffer guide.

A lot of Hackintool lore and Clover is about older PC hardware and MacOS, but users today including you are at end of the line with last generations that will work, so watch out for lore and relics. Reading Dortania will help make this more clear.

You can prolly find working OC configuration for your rig elsewhere here, I think the topic of z390 and your chip is well convered.
I've once again booted with other usb opencore and followed the Dortania manual. Can't even boot to the logo splash!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 39
@mamPHP As my brain has partially restored from my last crash I was thinking if your kexts are injected, have you ticked the inject kext box on systemparameters in clover configurator
No, but i'll right now. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back