Dell Optiplex 380
CPU
Core 2 Duo E7500
Graphics
GTX 750ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys,

So I recently decided to try my first Hackintosh build with what I had laying around. In my case, this turned out to be a Dell Optiplex 380 and an nVidia MSI 750 ti graphics card with 2gb of VRAM. I used the following guide (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-hackintosh-on-dell-optiplex-380-mini-tower.244484/) in order to install macOS Sierra. I was able to successfully install macOS Sierra onto the computer following the guide above, but have had a couple problems so far. For one, I haven't been able to get the computer to boot to the Clover boot loader without using the USB I used to install macOS in the first place. I tried to install Clover the way that the guide told me too, but I've had no luck.

My main problem, though, has to do with the graphics of the system. When signing into the system, the screen tears and refreshes at a painfully low FPS to the point to where it drags the whole system with it. This might be because the guide I was using did not include steps on how to set up the computer with a graphics card. When going into "About my Mac", it says that for my graphics, it is "Display 7mb". When I try to boot with nVidia web drivers (which I have installed) the text simply changes to "nVidia 7mb". Am I getting the screen tearing because of the graphics card or is it maybe another part of the system? I was thinking it could be the hard drive, but I'm not sure why it would cause the screen to look like that. When doing things like opening up applications, the screen doesn't tear that much, but when opening the downloads folder from the dock or scrolling down a webpage, the screen tears again. I would also like to note that I have my monitor plugged into the graphics card itself, meaning that I am clearly using the graphics card in order to use the system.

If all goes well, I'm planning to upgrade the ram from 2gb to 4gb so the system has more room to breathe (not sure if the system supports 8gb or more ram) and upgrading the 80gb hdd to a 120gb ssd. Let's hope I can fix this!

I haven't been able to find a lot of support for Dell Optiplex's in general, let alone a 380, so if anybody can help me with this problem, I will greatly appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_0750.jpg
    IMG_0750.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 854
  • IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 731
  • IMG_3064.JPG
    IMG_3064.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 567
@AkaAdonis, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

BIOS - Disable Integrated Graphics - PEG as Primary
Use a digital connection to your monitor - VGA is not supported.
Boot with nv_disable=1
Install Nvidia Web Drivers
Config.plist - Do not inject Intel or Nvidia graphics and no ig-platform-id
Edit config.plist - NvidiaWeb = true as per Link
May need to emulate NVRAM - Problem 6 (Install EmuVariableUefi-64 + RC Scripts) or install AptioMemoryFix or OsxAptioFix3Drv
Remove nv_disable=1 from config.plist
MacPro 6,1 or iMac 15 or iMac 17 System Definition need black screen fix as per Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back