Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z390M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
Vega 64
I upgraded to Mojave on a new NVMe disk on my "mini" build with the Z370N motherboard.

I am using the same EFI folder as worked on High Sierra with all disks functional.

However, 4 of my 6 "storage" disks are not showing up in mojave. I have 4 spinning rust disks on the motherboard SATA ports and I have a 2-port PCI-e SATA card with 2 more disks.

2 disks on the motherboard show up, but not the others.

Infuriatingly, I upgraded BIOS to F10 and the disks appeared after first boot, but they did not reappear on subsequent reboots...

Any ideas?

EFI attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.1 MB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I upgraded to Mojave on a new NVMe disk on my "mini" build with the Z370N motherboard.

I am using the same EFI folder as worked on High Sierra with all disks functional.

However, 4 of my 6 "storage" disks are not showing up in mojave. I have 4 spinning rust disks on the motherboard SATA ports and I have a 2-port PCI-e SATA card with 2 more disks.

2 disks on the motherboard show up, but not the others.

Any ideas?

EFI attached.

Check out this one but first decide which config.plist you want to use, I would remove the other two and place in a folder.

Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 8.47.54 PM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25 MB · Views: 100
Thanks for the quick response. I tried your upload, after removing the extraneous config.plists. Still the same result.

Thanks for the quick response. I tried your upload, after removing the extraneous config.plists. Still the same result.

You have an X99 look for a kext AHCI unsupported kext or something like that. I know you have the 300kext but that’s for newer version motherboards. It’s probably just a kext needed. Mojave has some bugs like this. Maybe boot arg. npci=2000

I have two builds in my signature. This problem is referring to the Z370N "Mac mini" board.

I tried with npci=2000 and it had no effect.

Infuriatingly, I upgraded BIOS to F10 and the disks appeared after first boot, but they did not reappear on subsequent reboots...

I have discovered that the four missing disks are all from the motherboard SATA ports.

I think I have narrowed down the problem.

On my High Sierra the disks are connected to "Intel 10 Series" but this does not show on my Mojave install, which shows "Intel 20 Series" and no disks attached.

Where do I go from here?

Hi. I have tried AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext and AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext installed in Library/Extensions - though I am not sure if there is a problem. They show up under System Information/Extensions as unloaded... I have run kextcache and it does not show any issues.

It seems that Intel Series 20 Chipset is the normal control under Mojave. Other users have confirmed they use this and it is normal.

I have tested with just the NVMe boot drive and a single SATA connected to motherboard SATA port. No wifi, or PCI-E. Same behaviour.

Attached is an EssentialsList with all the drives loaded properly and one without, which may shed light.

Attachments

• With_Disks-EssentialsList-2019-03-28 08.22.11.zip
    385.6 KB · Views: 137
  • No_Disks-EssentialsList-2019-03-28 08.34.47.zip
    380.5 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back