Contribute
Register

Disk utility doesnt see anything on the installer but before no ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!

After 8 months with a hackintosh that works wonderfully I want to change my system disk, which is currently a hybrid hard drive, by a ssd, the ssd being already mounted in my machine and visible under osx I tell myself that if I restarts my installatteur since the usb keys I could install sierra on my ssd.

But bizarrely without I understand why once the installer started I do not see any of my hard drives or partition. I do not see my current mac partition since I wrote this message or my disk time machine. While before I did not have this problem .... I searched the forum and saw that it was necessary to deactivate ahci in the bios, but when I go from ahci to ide I can no longer launch 'installer I stay blocked. I tried unplugging the ssd and putting ahci back into the bios as before, but not the disk utility no longer see my disks

another worries and I get to start the installer randomly some times it remains blocked the next time with the same options selected it passes. On the other hand, it never starts with activated ahci in the bios.

The ideal would have been to be able to restore a time machine on my ssd since the installer as on my real mac ...

How do I review my hard drive in the installer?

Just in case bu default i have ahci enabled and i have the same problem

Thank's

My config asus x99-e 32go of ram
xeon e5 hexacore ( 6cores)
geforce gtx960
2 hybrid hard drive hfs+
1ssd hf+

Last edited:
Hello!

After 8 months with a hackintosh that works wonderfully I want to change my system disk, which is currently a hybrid hard drive, by a ssd, the ssd being already mounted in my machine and visible under osx I tell myself that if I restarts my installatteur since the usb keys I could install sierra on my ssd.

But bizarrely without I understand why once the installer started I do not see any of my hard drives or partition. I do not see my current mac partition since I wrote this message or my disk time machine. While before I did not have this problem .... I searched the forum and saw that it was necessary to deactivate ahci in the bios, but when I go from ahci to ide I can no longer launch 'installer I stay blocked. I tried unplugging the ssd and putting ahci back into the bios as before, but not the disk utility no longer see my disks

another worries and I get to start the installer randomly some times it remains blocked the next time with the same options selected it passes. On the other hand, it never starts with activated ahci in the bios.

The ideal would have been to be able to restore a time machine on my ssd since the installer as on my real mac ...

How do I review my hard drive in the installer?

Thank's

My config asus x99-e 32go of ram
xeon e5 hexacore ( 6cores)
geforce gtx960
2 hybrid hard drive hfs+
1ssd hf+
you need to set AHCI in BIOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back