Register

Disk Utility doesn't detect SATA Drives during Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, So these are my specs:

GA-H110M-H
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz
For the moment using IGFX.

After looking around I finally managed to boot into the Sierra installation. But when I'm ready to format ("erase") my original SSD, it seems that any of the SATA drives won't show up. I have copied multiple kexts and tried multiple configs without luck, including "SATA-100-Unsupported" and such.. I hope I can finally get help. I'm uploading my EFI folder so you guys can see what's wrong.

And yes, I do have AHCI enabled. It's the only mode available, in fact. I also disabled secure boot, Windows 8/10 features to "Other OS". Thanks

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 74
OK, So these are my specs:

GA-H110M-H
Intel i3-6100 3.7GHz
For the moment using IGFX.

After looking around I finally managed to boot into the Sierra installation. But when I'm ready to format ("erase") my original SSD, it seems that any of the SATA drives won't show up. I have copied multiple kexts and tried multiple configs without luck, including "SATA-100-Unsupported" and such.. I hope I can finally get help. I'm uploading my EFI folder so you guys can see what's wrong.

And yes, I do have AHCI enabled. It's the only mode available, in fact. I also disabled secure boot, Windows 8/10 features to "Other OS". Thanks

You have a lot of garbage in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
What kind of SSD?

You have a lot of garbage in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.
What kind of SSD?
Well, that's surely was me in despair, heh. I use a 120GB Intenso SATA III SSD. I don't think that does matter, because I have an old Samsung HD250HJ that doesn't get detected neither.

Well, that's surely was me in despair, heh. I use a 120GB Intenso SATA III SSD. I don't think that does matter, because I have an old Samsung HD250HJ that doesn't get detected neither.

Start with a clean config from Unibeast, then go from there...
Also, don't forget to fill your profile with hardware details as per rules.

Still the same, can't boot without binary patches so I enable them, but still what's wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back