Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Z170 Gaming K4
CPU
Intel Core i5-6500
Graphics
Asus Strix GTX 970
I used clover installer and made an USB drive with EFI. Now that I installed MacOS on my desktop I wanted to wipe the USB to use it again, however, when I try to wipe the drive it comes up with an error and I can't partition it or wipe it. Mounting and UnMounting is not a problem. tried deleting it with terminal but comes up with this error -error 69888 couldn't unmount disk.
I pressed to get info and it seems that I'm on reading only but it's set that I should be able to top write and read. It is not an NTFS USB, it's Mac OS Extended USB.

I used clover installer and made an USB drive with EFI. Now that I installed MacOS on my desktop I wanted to wipe the USB to use it again, however, when I try to wipe the drive it comes up with an error and I can't partition it or wipe it. Mounting and UnMounting is not a problem. tried deleting it with terminal but comes up with this error -error 69888 couldn't unmount disk.
I pressed to get info and it seems that I'm on reading only but it's set that I should be able to top write and read. It is not an NTFS USB, it's Mac OS Extended USB.
Mounting and UnMounting is not a problem

From that statement I understood you could see and select this USB disk in Disk Utility Window but could not "Erase".

If that is Right, select this USB disk in Disk Utility and then, select the "First Aid " option from the menu and after that "Repair" and see if it can fix that disk and then try Formatting (Erasing) through Disk Utility.

Tried it already. I tried literally everything. I changed permissions etc but it doesn't work and keeps saying Unwritable in get info. The USB works and can be read, not a NTFS problem it just won't wipe...

If you have access to a Windows machine use the command prompt with diskpart and the clean option(read about it before doing it). That is the only way my limited brain has found to completely get rid of all partitions.
Then try using OS X or Windows to format the drive any way you like.
However there is a long, sad and never-ending history of OS X of all ilks not consistently recognizing perfectly functional USB storage devices.

If you have access to a Windows machine use the command prompt with diskpart and the clean option(read about it before doing it). That is the only way my limited brain has found to completely get rid of all partitions.
Then try using OS X or Windows to format the drive any way you like.
However there is a long, sad and never-ending history of OS X of all ilks not consistently recognizing perfectly functional USB storage devices.
I deleted my post because OP can mount the disk, and trial in Windows Diskpart is the next best option if the disk is still undamaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back