Contribute
Register

Disk uninitialized, plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.
But, what should I do?

Everything - standard - we've suggested, you say doesn't work, so without more information it's hard to say for sure.

Things I would try:

1) Use DISKPART from Windows to re-partition the drive as MBR. Then reboot into macOS to see if you can then Erase/RePartition there.

2) Review what other drives you may have attached, particularly in m.2 sockets. Although, frankly, this would affect Windows too.

3) Long-shot : double-check OpenCore ScanPolicy setting.

Everything - standard - we've suggested, you say doesn't work, so without more information it's hard to say for sure.

Things I would try:

1) Use DISKPART from Windows to re-partition the drive as MBR. Then reboot into macOS to see if you can then Erase/RePartition there.

2) Review what other drives you may have attached, particularly in m.2 sockets. Although, frankly, this would affect Windows too.

Thx,I will try this

Things I would try:

Can I convert gpt to MBR if I use UEFI?

you will have to set the drive you are having issues with as a slave drive

You said you can see the drive from Windows, so it's not the main boot drive there. Do as @Feartech said.

If you convert to, say MBR with exFAT format, that will effectively scrub any faulty GPT partition.

Then back at macOS - even the USB installer / Tools menu which has Disk Util in it - you can repartition the drive to GPT/GUID and hopefully cure your problem.

Thz
You said you can see the drive from Windows, so it's not the main boot drive there. Do as @Feartech said.

If you convert to, say MBR with exFAT format, that will effectively scrub any faulty GPT partition.

Then back at macOS - even the USB installer / Tools menu which has Disk Util in it - you can repartition the drive to GPT/GUID and hopefully cure your problem.
Thx, soon I will try this

have windows setup on another drive, plug in drive that needs fixing after and run DISKPART
Oh, it didn't help, it says, disk uninitialized, ( I'm sad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back