2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I recently obtained a 60GB Corsair SSD and installed Windows on it. Now I randomly get "Disk Not Ejected Properly" messages in Mavericks pertaining to the SSD that is formatted to NTFS. My two other drives are a Samsung 830 120GB SSD and a Hitatchi 1TB HDD configured as a fusion drive.

I am currently using Tuxera NTFS. I've tried un-mounting the drive in Disk Utility, only to have the error message come back randomly.

I have a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard and the drive is plugged into one of the grey SATA 3 ports.

Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it? It does not effect my PC other than being extremely annoying to have it pop up every few minutes.

So I went to check some of the settings in my bios. XHCI and EHCI were both disabled. I re-enabled those settings and now the error has not been coming back.

*EDIT*

Spoke to soon, the error is back, it just took longer for it to appear this time.

I have the issue since 10.8.5 supplemental update but only on USB3 devices. So, i think our problems are not related.

I have the issue since 10.8.5 supplemental update but only on USB3 devices. So, i think our problems are not related.

Yes, mine is an internal SSD. It's very annoying that it pops up every few minutes, even when I eject it via Disk Utility. It somehow remounts itself and then ejects giving the error.

I am suspecting it may be something with power management? The drive is turning itself off to conserve power and thus the error? I've tried unchecking the "put disks to sleep when possible" under the Energy Saver preferences, but that does not help.

I having the same error, with a 250 GB Corsair SSD
Just have build a new machine based on GA Z86X UDH5, i7 4770K processor, 32 MB memory, Mavericks 10.9.1 installed on WD 1 TB HDD
The Corsair SSD disk has Windows 7 installed on it and I like to transfer files from it to A virtual Windows 7 system I have installed inside Mavericks (using Parallels).
As soon as I connect the Corsair SSD with a USB 3 docking station to an USB 3 port, I get this error (mounting/unmounting all the time), but when I connect to an USB 2 port there is no problem.
So at least I can transfer the files, but it should work on the USB 3 port!

So far I ddn't find a solution.
Hope someone have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back