Contribute
Register

DISK I/O Error while boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly this does not work. Booted HS installer doen't show the disk and disk utility shows uninitialized as you can see in my screenshot. Why do I get the disk I/O error while booting? Do I miss an important kext?
If your BIOS AHCI is ENABLED and still getting this error , then install AppleAHCIPort.kext as advised by shamanGOD
You can find it here Download

Thanks to both.

Placing the file in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other is enought or do I need to place it somewhere else?

Using Kext Wizard Browse>find and install that kext, √ Repair Permission & Rebuild cache in "Maintenance" tab ; and also copy and paste it to /Other folder to help Clover find it faster during boot.

Using Kext Wizard Browse>find and install that kext, √ Repair Permission & Rebuild cache in "Maintenance" tab ; and also copy and paste it to /Other folder to help Clover find it faster during boot.

Okay followed your guid:

• Installation tab -> Browse -> AppleAHCIPort.kext
  • Destination -> /System/Libary/Extensions -> target disk: my USB -> Install button
  • Mainternace tab -> Checked System/Libary/Extensions -> target disk: my USB -> Excexute button
Rebooted my machine and faced the same disk I/O error again. Did I do something wrong?
If no are there any other kexts apple changend since the last beta and my cause problems in the final release?
Thanks

Hi. Had the same issue. High Sierra have problems with Sata-ICH10 controller.
You can fix that by installing AppleAHCIPort.kext from High Sierra 10.13 beta.

Hi you had to replace any other kext files?
I did some testing with older beta versions of High Sierra. Beta 1 and beta 2 boots correctly and my disks are available but from beta 3+ I get the disk I/O error. Does someone know what apple change from beta 2 to beta 3?

Thanks

I have the same problem here in an Intel Dx58So. Install AppleAHCIPort.kext don't solve this issue. I can install the system if i put the HDD trough USB port, but i can't boot from it when i attach again on SATA ports. Any clue?
Thanks, and sorry for my english.
Greetings

I have the same problem with the same WD drive. I have no issue installing it on another drive even 160GB WD drive.
I just use another drive to overcome this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back