Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus P5K-SE
CPU
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400
Graphics
Sapphire/AMD Radeon HD 6570, Using HDMI
Hello,

I have a hard drive and an SSD connected via SATA AHCI. I boot into the installer, I get a bunch of ''disk0 I/O error'' messages in verbose. When I check disk utility, my 120gb Sandisk SSD is ''uninitialized'' even though I formatted it with HFS+ using Paragon Partition Manager. I can't erase the disk on the installer either, it unmounts then gets stuck.

My NTFS hard drive partitions are recognized, the drive is MBR
My HFS+ SSD is recognized but I just can't interact with it in any way in the installer. The drive is GPT

So far I've tried putting the fixed AppleAHCIPort.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts even though it wouldn't work on the installer I decided to try it out.
I couldn't do the ICH10R patch because I don't have access to a mac. I only have access to Windows, I can't use clover configurator.

I could create a small HFS+ partition on my hard drive and temporarily install High Sierra there just to apply the ICH10R patch, but I have Windows 7 and 10 on seperate partitions and I'd have to sacrifice one of them for a patch thats not guaranteed to work for my system.

Also I don't know if this is relevant or not but I set my SSD as GPT and my system isn't UEFI. I'm going to try and convert it to MBR and and check it on disk utility.

Sorry if I couldn't explain the situation clearly. I'm new to this and my english isn't the best. Thank you for taking the time to read this! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.