Graphics
GeForce 9500 GT
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My dad has let me use his beautiful hackintosh and everything works superb— except I cannot burn a disc to save my life.

I am able to import files, music, and play DVD's successfully through iTunes or quicktime player/VLC but when I try to burn anything it gives me an error stating the drive was unsuccessful at burning and then it just stops recognizing the drive entirely. This is the only thing not working on this beast of a computer, so any help would be amazing. I've looked through the forums and found absolutely nothing to help me.

To state the obvious, are you certain it can indeed burn discs? Does it work in windows (assuming windows is installed and it can boot to windows too). Before you try to burn a disc, look in About this Mac --> More Info --> System Report --> Disc Burning. You should see the drive under Burning Device and Burn Support should be 'Yes Generic Drive Support'

I don't think I can boot to Windows now, but I know when it was a Windows machine it could burn a disc. This is what information I got from it. It's supposed to be a decent drive, but I know little about what to do.

TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-H653N:

Firmware Revision: 0409
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Generic Drive Support)
Profile Path: None
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
DVD-Write: -R, -R DL, -RAM, -RW, +R, +R DL, +RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw, DVD-DAO
Media: To show the available burn speeds, insert a disc and choose View > Refresh

AND:
When I do attempt to burn with iTunes I get this only seconds after the burn starts:
Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 3.25.00 PM.png

Screen shot 2013-03-12 at 4.03.25 PM.png
Sadly Burn also did not work, so I was thinking it was a driver related issue but have no idea where to start to look for help on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back