Contribute
Register

Discussion on installing Mac OS System on HP elitedesk 800 G5 GM GPU rx560 mini model! imac19.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've already booted OC successfully - what happened? Please post your config.plist with each request for help.

I think this is a USB problem. Are you using the correct USBPorts.kext for your iMac19,1?

@lydahai Sometimes when switching from CLOVER to OC (or OC to CLOVER), I have found it best to clear NVRAM.
After booting with the original OC configuration file and using gfx0 < igpu and pegp < gfx0, the problem of USB card appears. Is it in conflict with which patch.

After booting with the original OC configuration file and using gfx0 < igpu and pegp < gfx0, the problem of USB card appears. Is it in conflict with which patch.
Can you please post your current EFI?

Can you please post your current EFI?
Without changing the model, I successfully entered the system by using mini8.1, but after adding gfx0 < igpu and pegp < gfx0, I got stuck in HID: Legacy shim 2

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.4 MB · Views: 58
Without changing the model, I successfully entered the system by using mini8.1, but after adding gfx0 < igpu and pegp < gfx0, I got stuck in HID: Legacy shim 2
I think you should minimize the changes from one test to the next. The EFI that you posted has MacMini8,1 SMBIOS, iMac19,1 USBPorts.kext and DeviceProperties for iGPU.

Your testing strategy is up to you, but I think you should revert to the last working OC configuration (the exact one that you posted previously) and then make the minor changes that you made with CLOVER. Your call.

I think you should minimize the changes from one test to the next. The EFI that you posted has MacMini8,1 SMBIOS, iMac19,1 USBPorts.kext and DeviceProperties for iGPU.

Your testing strategy is up to you, but I think you should revert to the last working OC configuration (the exact one that you posted previously) and then make the minor changes that you made with CLOVER. Your call.
and USBPorts.kext It doesn't matter.
I sent out the wrong pictures.
The main reason is that after the gfx0 < igpu and pegp < gfx0 are changed, the card will appear

Attachments

• IMG_5714.jpeg
    IMG_5714.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 40
I think you may have defined your OC find/replace incorrectly. This is just a guess, but I don't think you should be defining the TableSignature property in each find/replace. Make the following changes and try again:

Rename Rule Old TableSignature New TableSignature
Rename GFX0 to IGPU (Graphics) <44534454> <>
Rename PEGP to GFX0 (Graphics) <44534454> <>

@lydahai be very careful when editing your config.plist. don't add anything unless you are certain that it is necessary. What editor are you using to edit your OC config.plist? After I edit my OC config.plist, I always open it again in XCode and check it carefully.

@lydahai My observations of your last posted EFI are as follows:
  • When switching from CLOVER to OC or OC to CLOVER (and also when updating your OC EFI or CLOVER EFI), clear NVRAM before starting a new test.
  • Possibly need to correct your rename patches as I indicated above
  • Your USBPorts.kext is for iMac19,1 and your SMBIOS MacModel is MacMini8,1 (they need to be consistent)
  • Your DeviceProperties are for UHD630 IGPU with DigitalDVI video ports and your audio device properties disable audio (no-hda-gfx)
  • Your boot args are for IGPU
As I previously stated, while I think your testing methodology is your choice, I think you should minimize your changes from one test to the next. You should revert to your last known working OC EFI and then after you are certain that it is working as expected, apply your rename patches.

Last edited:
I think you may have defined your OC find/replace incorrectly. This is just a guess, but I don't think you should be defining the TableSignature property in each find/replace. Make the following changes and try again:

Rename Rule Old TableSignature New TableSignature
Rename GFX0 to IGPU (Graphics) <44534454> <>
Rename PEGP to GFX0 (Graphics) <44534454> <>

@lydahai be very careful when editing your config.plist. don't add anything unless you are certain that it is necessary. What editor are you using to edit your OC config.plist? After I edit my OC config.plist, I always open it again in XCode and check it carefully.

@lydahai My observations of your last posted EFI are as follows:
  • When switching from CLOVER to OC or OC to CLOVER (and also when updating your OC EFI or CLOVER EFI), clear NVRAM before starting a new test.
  • Possibly need to correct your rename patches as I indicated above
  • Your USBPorts.kext is for iMac19,1 and your SMBIOS MacModel is MacMini8,1 (they need to be consistent)
  • Your DeviceProperties are for UHD630 IGPU with DigitalDVI video ports and your audio device properties disable audio (no-hda-gfx)
  • Your boot args are for IGPU
As I previously stated, while I think your testing methodology is your choice, I think you should minimize your changes from one test to the next. You should revert to your last known working OC EFI and then after you are certain that it is working as expected, apply your rename patches.
I have something to do these days. I didn't reply you in time. Thank you for your advice! I'll test it again.

Take a look at this post. They claim that they are running their RX-series graphics headless (which implies that they are using their Intel HD video ports). That is a very interesting claim. Have you tried this with your EliteDesk Mini / RX560? I forgot that you had an RX560 - @lydahai is trying to get his RX560 working with OC. Maybe you can post your CLOVER r5127 EFI in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back