GTX 970 EVGA
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Centris
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

Firstly This is my first post but been lurking here for some time :)
I want to firstly fully disclose that I bought my machine from a company that build hackintoshes. and got them to customise one of their off the shelf systems.

I'm fairly geeky but wanted an expert to build my system so that I could get going fairly quickly and minimise frustration. However I have a basic knowledge on how to reinstall everything and have done this once after experiencing a non booting machine.

My build is Running 10.11.6 El Capitan, Dual Boot Windows 10
UAD Apollo twin thunderbolt
DAW Ableton Live 9.7.1
5820k 6 core over clocked to 4.0 ghz
X99 EVGA GTX 970
32 Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram
Thunderbolt 2 card
Corsair Hydro Series H115i
Corsair CX750
2 x 500 gb Samsung ssd 850 evo's
2TB Toshiba 7200 rpm

My issue is that I am also using a maxed out 2013 i7 Macbook pro 16gb ram and apart from it being a quieter machine performance is actually the same / a bit worse. I can run it at Latency of 512 but any lower and I start hearing the usual pop clicks and drop out.

Ive read some of the BoomR's post and turned various recommended processes off
Also I read somewhere that turning hyper-threading off can help the system run better so downloaded xcode and turned it off there rather than in the BIOS, didnt seem to make much difference.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is running a similar system and how they have found performance and any advice I could get would be great.

Thanks

It's been two weeks since you posted this, but I have a lower spec machine than you and am getting usable latencies with a MOTU Traveler (first version) and Logic Pro X. You speak of a latency of '512' but it would be helpful to know what your sample rate is, you did not include it.

It's been two weeks since you posted this, but I have a lower spec machine than you and am getting usable latencies with a MOTU Traveler (first version) and Logic Pro X. You speak of a latency of '512' but it would be helpful to know what your sample rate is, you did not include it.

Hi running at 44.1
I'm starting to think it could be UAD sound card or NVIDIA driver issues as sometimes it's working ok. I'm running Ableton in windows 10 too so I can try to make comparisons.

It's a quirky problem. The fact you experience problems with a relatively recent i7 MBP makes me think that the UAD unit is misbehaving. I don't have experience with these, my background has mostly been MOTU, RME ( both PCI and FW), and some other PCI converters going way back to 1998. Get your mitts on a different converter, try native audio on MBP, etc. I didn't see your motherboard listed for your custom built box. Good luck, skill, and perseverance.

So It's been a couple of months and I've been tweaking the BIOS power settings turning off C1 C3 C6/7, Thermal monitor and EIST and am getting better performance but still experiencing small audio dropouts, When using Intel power gadget I can see the CPU Frequency sometimes staying at my 4.3 OC but other times fluctuating massively and thats when i get the audio dropouts

I noticed that windows is more efficeint cpu wise with ni maschine, but macos has a smoother graphics. But i get alot of graphic related crashes witn macOS. Under windows anything runs stable.
Some time ago i met anothe hackintosh gui who also had those graphic card related crashes
Anyone else experience crashes when opening / closing vst plugins under macOS?
I have a nvidia gtx780ti and the latest webdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back