Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

I have been battling this bug for a very very long time now and would like to know if anyone have any ideas on what I can try to fix it.

First of all, I'm using USBInjectAll with an SSDT to inject only the ports I use (15<), I have attached a copy of my SSDT in case there is anything in there. I have also tested just using the raise limit patch and a modified version of the USB SSDT found in the BIOS, but this did not change anything.
This is running on a GZ-Z170X-UD3.

As long as I have the SIP flag Unrestricted FS enabled all my USB work correctly.

If I disable Unrestricted FS then all my USB ports stop working, except the USB 3.1 (USB C with an Apple USB C to A adapter). That is all USB ports on the USB 3.0 controller stops working, both USB 2.0 and 3.0 headers/ports.

I can still control the system through Remote Desktop, and if I plug a keyboard in the USB C to A adapter, then I can also use that.

I can disable all SIP flags except Unrestricted FS, but I have no idea about why that flag would cause problems with USB ports.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-GA-Z170X-UD3.aml
    695 bytes · Views: 59
Hi

I have been battling this bug for a very very long time now and would like to know if anyone have any ideas on what I can try to fix it.

First of all, I'm using USBInjectAll with an SSDT to inject only the ports I use (15<), I have attached a copy of my SSDT in case there is anything in there. I have also tested just using the raise limit patch and a modified version of the USB SSDT found in the BIOS, but this did not change anything.
This is running on a GZ-Z170X-UD3.

As long as I have the SIP flag Unrestricted FS enabled all my USB work correctly.

If I disable Unrestricted FS then all my USB ports stop working, except the USB 3.1 (USB C with an Apple USB C to A adapter). That is all USB ports on the USB 3.0 controller stops working, both USB 2.0 and 3.0 headers/ports.

I can still control the system through Remote Desktop, and if I plug a keyboard in the USB C to A adapter, then I can also use that.

I can disable all SIP flags except Unrestricted FS, but I have no idea about why that flag would cause problems with USB ports.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Here are two logs, one where Unrestricted FS is not disabled (debug_working.zip) and one where Unrestricted FS is disabled (debug_not_working.zip).

Attachments

• debug_log_working.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 63
  • debug_not_working.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 35
Here are two logs, one where Unrestricted FS is not disabled (debug_working.zip) and one where Unrestricted FS is disabled (debug_not_working.zip).

Hmm... no idea. According to ioreg, USBInjectAll.kext is still doing its normal thing...

I always use CsrActiveConfig=0x67 (don't see much point in enabling SIP), and I haven't done any experimentation with VirtualSMC.efi+VirtualSMC.kext as FakeSMC.kext replacement.

You might consider installing all your kexts to /L/E. Be careful with rebuilding cache only when SIP is disabled though.

Yeah that is also why it's so puzzling to me, everything seems to be correct.

I also had the same problem with FakeSMC.kext + SMCHelper.efi

I'm pretty sure the problem has existed all the way through High Sierra, so I may just have to give up and run with 0x67 instead.

Also I have no idea bout why not allowing writes to some parts of the file system should touch USB in any way. (Which I'm pretty sure is what Unrestricted FS does?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back