Motherboard
Asus Maximus Hero XI
CPU
i9-9900k
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hey Guys,

I hope somebody can tell me how to disable DP Audio in 10.7.4
The problem is I have HDMI Audio + DP Audio. When I start my media center (XBMC) or restart the computer the audio always resets to the DP audio. Since I don't use this device I want to turn it off! It's quite annoying when you have to manually switch the audio device on every restart...

I once asked for help over here: tonymacx86 Forum • View topic - 5770 HDMI/DP Audio in 10.7.2 problem
I solved the problem by installing a second graphics card and not using the Displayport. Now I'mm back on one 5770 and three displays. (2x Dell 2711 connected through Displayport and DVI and one TV connected over HDMI)

The kext edit that was suggested by toledo didn't do the trick unfortunately. I tried it twice, re-checked that the edit was done correctly but I still have the DP audio.
Any help on this would be gladly appreciated!

i just had a different idea: are there maybe displayport cables that only transfer video signal? unfortunately the monitor has no option to switch off the audio device...
Do you guys think I could just remove Pin 15 & 17 of the cable? DisplayPort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

UPDATE: Drastic methods! I took a needle and removed the pin for one of the AUX channels with unchanged behaviour, the sound device in my monitor was still detected. So I disabled the second AUX channel which resulted in the monitor not being recognized by OSX anymore. The monitor still shows that the cable is connected but I guess because all the monitors information are transitted over the AUX channels it lost the Recognition process. I'm using my backup cable now so no more hardware modifications for now :) I hope there is a software way of disabling this annoying sound device!

i just had a different idea: are there maybe displayport cables that only transfer video signal?
Have you tried holding the option key, selecting the speaker icon in the menubar and choosing the device you want.

hey nice trick! didnt know this one... i usually press option+volume key to change the settings in sound preferences... learned something here :)

unfortunately since this is internally routed over the same bus it only gives me one option that way.

GPJCv.png

Do you maybe have another idea where to patch ATI5000Controller?

M4TZi.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back