Contribute
Register

Disabling HDCP / Huion Kamvas 16 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are using the iMac Pro SMBIOS, have you disabled your IGPU in your Bios? As a real iMac Pro doesn't have an IGPU, with a Xeon CPU it only has the discrete Graphics card.

If you have the IGPU active in macOS with the iMac Pro setup that might be part of the reason for your graphics issues.
I have it disabled.

Why aren't you using the iMac 19,1 SMBIOS, which is a better match to your setup?
I just followed pastrychef's golden build to the best of my abilities.

OK, are you using pastrychef's latest OC 0.6.8 EFI Folder?

Have you made sure you have the latest Bios for your system?

OK, are you using pastrychef's latest OC 0.6.8 EFI Folder?

Have you made sure you have the latest Bios for your system?

Yes and yes (BIOS ver 1802)

Post a copy of your OC folder so I can see what if anything is amiss. Redact your Serial Number, MLB, Rom and UUID in your config.plist. I'm not expecting to find anything wrong, but just want to cover all the bases before saying something in the OC folder is not at fault.

Does the tablet work as expected with just the lower resolution display connected in macOS?

Does the tablet work as expected with just the lower resolution display connected in macOS?
It does not. In Safe Mode, both displays and the tablet work just fine.

Attachments

• OC.zip
    60.3 MB · Views: 67
It does not. In Safe Mode, both displays and the tablet work just fine.

If it works in safe mode, I have to assume that there's nothing wrong with the EFI...

Safe mode prevents some startup items from loading. Maybe there's some 3rd party software that's giving you trouble?

Have you tried to see if it works with a clean install?

I'd second what @pastrychef said.

If it works in Safe Mode, when the Graphics drivers and any other third party kexts you may have installed are disabled, then it is unlikely to be the EFI that is the issue. It is more likely to be something you have previously tried/used to fix the issue, that is still in the system and causing the on-going graphics issue.

A Clean install might fix this issue, it would at least remove any obsolete fixes/kexts you have added that didn't work.

I've just purchased the same tablet and I'm encountering the same problem.
Did you manage to fix the issue? If so, would you share what you did? thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back