Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
lenovo X220
CPU
i5-2520M CPU @ 2.50GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 3000
Hello everyone, I have this wonderful laptop for 2 years, works perfectly if not for some overheating (80-90 ° C).
Now I want to ask kindly if someone can tell me how to disable the CPU boost turbo function, I tried disabling the function from the bios but when I try to start macOS he keeps restarting after the upload is almost finished.
If anyone could help me I would be really grateful.

Good morning, I have notebook x220, 8gb ram, I7 2640m 2.8GHZ with Turbo bost 3.5ghz. OSX High Sierra.

given that:

- New cpu thermal paste
- clean fan
- I just made a 100% cpu stress test with turbo boost the temperature rises 95 degrees celsius !!,

cpu stock limit temperature: 100 degrees celsius

This is because turbo boost enables in the CPU to 3.5 GHZ !!!,

you need to disable intel turbo boost, I use turbo boost switcher, in this way do not exceed 2.8 ghz with 100% cpu load, the temperature ranges between 75 and 80 degrees celsius.

thanks to this tool, I no longer have the fear of burning my cpu :)

regards

Mattia

I forgot, from the bios there is no need to change anything with this procedure. I ran flash bios original 1.45 file (8duj30us.exe) after I run second flash bios Lenovo X220 v1.45 Modified Bios (full-blown) loading default settings, UEFI bios + ahci sata.

I correct myself.
the temperature of my cpu at full 100% load, without turbo boost reaches max 65 celsius, 2.8 ghz. i7 2640m. I use turbo boost switcher in free version and I feel great, it is activated manually, so you always have the situation under your control.

I hope I have been helpful for you,
regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back