GIGABYTE Z370 HD3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GT 730
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi !

I have a system with Windows and High Sierra hackintosh, each one installed on its own hard drive. I recently installed an Intel Optane memory in Windows and several problems have appeared:
1) The Optane memory forces to put the SATA mode in RST, and in this way it can not work hackintosh. I have solved this problem by creating profiles in BIOS one in AHCI for hackintosh and another in RST for windows.
2) The problem that I can not solve: Since I installed the Optane memory on the motherboard, High Sierra can not start, and I can not start a new installation. The only solution I get is to remove the optane module from the motherboard.

I have an idea: disable the NVME m.2 device so that High Sierra believes that it does not exist, and so no problems. I suppose it can be done from Clover, but I do not know how to do it.

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks

Hi !

I have a system with Windows and High Sierra hackintosh, each one installed on its own hard drive. I recently installed an Intel Optane memory in Windows and several problems have appeared:
1) The Optane memory forces to put the SATA mode in RST, and in this way it can not work hackintosh. I have solved this problem by creating profiles in BIOS one in AHCI for hackintosh and another in RST for windows.
2) The problem that I can not solve: Since I installed the Optane memory on the motherboard, High Sierra can not start, and I can not start a new installation. The only solution I get is to remove the optane module from the motherboard.

I have an idea: disable the NVME m.2 device so that High Sierra believes that it does not exist, and so no problems. I suppose it can be done from Clover, but I do not know how to do it.

I hope someone can help me.
Thanks

You plan to install macOS on what device? Another NVMe SSD? You mention "hard drive", so I'm not sure if you're installing on a SATA spinner, or if you really meant SSD.

If you want to install macOS on an NVMe, but have the Windows NVMe unrecognized, you could spoof the class-code of the Windows NVMe with ACPI.

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

If you spoof the Windows NVMe (eg. with appropriate code in SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml), but don't use HackrNVMeFamily*.kext, you will prevent any NVMe drivers from loading against it. And since the NVMe you place macOS on will not be spoofed, it will run with Apple provided IONVMeFamily.kext.

You plan to install macOS on what device? Another NVMe SSD? You mention "hard drive", so I'm not sure if you're installing on a SATA spinner, or if you really meant SSD.

If you want to install macOS on an NVMe, but have the Windows NVMe unrecognized, you could spoof the class-code of the Windows NVMe with ACPI.

Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

If you spoof the Windows NVMe (eg. with appropriate code in SSDT_NVMe-Pcc.aml), but don't use HackrNVMeFamily*.kext, you will prevent any NVMe drivers from loading against it. And since the NVMe you place macOS on will not be spoofed, it will run with Apple provided IONVMeFamily.kext.

Hi!! ReahMan, sorry for not having explained well, my configuration is as follows:

System Intel Optane + SATA HDD1: Windows
SATA SSD1: High Sierra

I use Optane 16GB memory configured as HDD1 cache, to make it go faster. But I only use this for Windows and I do not use it on Hackintosh.
https://hothardware.com/reviews/intel-optane-memory-data-drive-acceleration-review

This Optane memory is installed in the NVME M.2 port of the motherboard. My problem is that while Optane is installed on the board, my hackintosh system does not boot (kernel panic), so my idea is to completely disable NVME via software. I have tried to disable it from the BIOS, but I have no option.

I think it could be possible from Clover to make High Sierra not use NVME, but it's just an idea. The only solution I have now is to physically disconnect the Optane memory from the motherboard every time I want to start my hackintosh :(

Last edited:
Hi!! ReahMan, sorry for not having explained well, my configuration is as follows:

System Intel Optane + SATA HDD1: Windows
SATA SSD1: High Sierra

I use Optane 16GB memory configured as HDD1 cache, to make it go faster. But I only use this for Windows and I do not use it on Hackintosh.
https://hothardware.com/reviews/intel-optane-memory-data-drive-acceleration-review

This Optane memory is installed in the NVME M.2 port of the motherboard. My problem is that while Optane is installed on the board, my hackintosh system does not boot (kernel panic), so my idea is to completely disable NVME via software. I have tried to disable it from the BIOS, but I have no option.

I think it could be possible from Clover to make High Sierra not use NVME, but it's just an idea. The only solution I have now is to physically disconnect the Optane memory from the motherboard every time I want to start my hackintosh :(

Ideas and guide links for you are in post #2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back