ASUS N552VW-FI202T (Clover)
CPU
i7-6700HQ/HM170
Graphics
HD 530 + Georce GTX 960M, 3840x2160
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi folks!
Today I installed macOS Mojave on my pc (specs should be in my account details), knowing that NVidia Web Drivers aren't available yet, and in fact everything is working perfectly except from gpu.
After a while I realized that one year ago I had to remove my gpu because of a problem and I used my pc for a while using intel gpu and it worked like a charm without installing anything at all, so here is my question: would it be possible to completely disable NVidia gpu to gain full graphic acceleration without actually remove it from the inside (I need it on windows for work), and can someone provide a full guide in case?
Thank you very much for the attention,

Giacomo Menchi

Hi folks!
Today I installed macOS Mojave on my pc (specs should be in my account details), knowing that NVidia Web Drivers aren't available yet, and in fact everything is working perfectly except from gpu.
After a while I realized that one year ago I had to remove my gpu because of a problem and I used my pc for a while using intel gpu and it worked like a charm without installing anything at all, so here is my question: would it be possible to completely disable NVidia gpu to gain full graphic acceleration without actually remove it from the inside (I need it on windows for work), and can someone provide a full guide in case?
Thank you very much for the attention,

Giacomo Menchi

My answer doesn't answer your question.

If you can afford get a Rx 570 which I did to replace GTX 980.

I have same question

Yes, it's possible and it works perfectly, I did it for my 1080ti, but each time I give guys this Rehabman SSDT solution, they say it's too difficult... So it depends on you, but if you can follow his very well made step by step, it's doable and after that, your Nvidia card will be invisible to Mojave.

Yes, it's possible and it works perfectly, I did it for my 1080ti, but each time I give guys this Rehabman SSDT solution, they say it's too difficult... So it depends on you, but if you can follow his very well made step by step, it's doable and after that, your Nvidia card will be invisible to Mojave.

Thank you kindly for the answer! I'm trying following this guide right now but I have some problems...
In particular, when it comes to using grep to find the _OFF method, the only result I have is DSDT.dsl, which is full of _OFF methods, but all surrounded by PowerResource macros (which we don't want).
Furthermore, the files I get are completely different, at least by their names, from RehabMan ones, as seen in the screenshot below (He claims to have "SSDT-10.dsl" and "SSDT-11.dsl", but mine have more complex names). Any suggestions? :mrgreen:
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 19.04.06.png

Hi, you should ask in Rehabman thread, but there might be an easier way for you if you want to use only the igpu, not another discrete card in another pci-e slot.
You could be lucky and just have to install WhateverGreen.kext (if not already) and add the kernel flag -wegnoegupu which disable gpu.
Check this post and some replies after it.

Hi, you should ask in Rehabman thread, but there might be an easier way for you if you want to use only the igpu, not another discrete card in another pci-e slot.
You could be lucky and just have to install WhateverGreen.kext (if not already) and add the kernel flag -wegnoegupu which disable gpu.
Check this post and some replies after it.

Thanks again for your reply. As pointed out by the thread creator too, this doesn't work at all (Nvidia still present under System Information and no igpu drivers). I'll try asking RehabMan though.

I find out that I can select "initial display output" and switch the internal gpu even if I have installed second one
IMG_1143.jpeg
Mac OS shows me that I use UHD 630 (+ some testing shows me that gpu is working now though with very low profit)
Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.08.20 PM.png
but another issue I've faced is that it uses "7mb" video memory and no "kext loaded"

Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.08.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2018-12-15 at 9.09.20 PM.png

I find out that I can select "initial display output" and switch the internal gpu even if I have installed second one
View attachment 372957
Mac OS shows me that I use UHD 630 (+ some testing shows me that gpu is working now though with very low profit)
View attachment 372958
but another issue I've faced is that it uses "7mb" video memory and no "kext loaded"

View attachment 372959 View attachment 372960

That is interesting, I'll check it out, thanks. For your 7MB problem, I watched this some hours ago, was useless to me, but may be useful to you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back