Contribute
Register

Disable Discrete GPU - Acer 575G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, you're the man !
I have another annoying issue though. When the laptop Sleeps for a while the display remains black and the compuer reboots after a few minutes. I'm forced to savagely power off the pc. I tried with darwake=0 and darkwake=8 (saw that on ******), but no luck with that.

I have another annoying issue though. When the laptop Sleeps for a while the display remains black and the compuer reboots after a few minutes. I'm forced to savagely power off the pc. I tried with darwake=0 and darkwake=8 (saw that on ******), but no luck with that.

Off-topic.
Open a separate thread.

I too have the same laptop. I gave up on disabling graphics card previously. After seeing your solution, I would like to try it on my laptop. It would be the great help if you can provide answers to my queries.
1. Did disabling graphics card improve your battery life? If yes, how many hours of battery backup you are getting now?
2. Have you found any solution to Sleep reboot problem?
3. I have another issue when I connect HDMI to my laptop, it restarts, do you have any fix for it? I am able to use with VGA, but not with HDMI port.

I too have the same laptop. I gave up on disabling graphics card previously. After seeing your solution, I would like to try it on my laptop. It would be the great help if you can provide answers to my queries.
1. Did disabling graphics card improve your battery life? If yes, how many hours of battery backup you are getting now?
2. Have you found any solution to Sleep reboot problem?
3. I have another issue when I connect HDMI to my laptop, it restarts, do you have any fix for it? I am able to use with VGA, but not with HDMI port.

For disabling the discrete card, read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/

For the other topics, you should open a separate thread.

I checked that guide, but unable to make changes for disabling graphics card.

You will need to provide details if you expect help.

Attachments

• files.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back