Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys,

My system: GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3, I7-2600K, Samsung SSD.
Everything works perfectly, GraphichEnabler=yes works well with the integrated Intel HD3000.

Unfortunately, when I insert my new ATI HD7850 PCI-E card to the system, it won't boot with "GraphichEnabler=yes" option, because it tries to use the unsupported ATI card too.
The error messges is: "Memory allocation error: Addr: 0x0, Szie 0x3ff1970, File: ati.c, Line 1557. This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!"

I don't want to use ATI HD7850 in OSX86, Intel HD3000 is enough for me. Is there any way to disable the ATI initialization in Chimera to avoid this problem?

There must be a way to use GraphicsEnabler=no, and use a DSDT injection for the HD3000.
Use the search option of the forum...

Hope you can fix it!

Greetz

tavcsor said:
Hello guys,

Everything works perfectly, GraphichEnabler=yes works well with the integrated Intel HD3000.

Unfortunately, when I insert my new ATI HD7850 PCI-E card to the system, it won't boot with "GraphichEnabler=yes" option, because it tries to use the unsupported ATI card too.
The error messges is: "Memory allocation error: Addr: 0x0, Szie 0x3ff1970, File: ati.c, Line 1557. This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!!"

I don't want to use ATI HD7850 in OSX86, Intel HD3000 is enough for me. Is there any way to disable the ATI initialization in Chimera to avoid this problem?

being insane with my new Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870... still googling for anything possibilities to make this Card working.. cheers..

dont i get the point, am i missing something ?

you plug a card into your system, that you want now, to be disabled ?
whats if you disable it manually by plugging it off your computer ?

westwaerts said:
dont i get the point, am i missing something ?

you plug a card into your system, that you want now, to be disabled ?
whats if you disable it manually by plugging it off your computer ?

Might be shocking to you, but there are people who use multiple OSes :eek:

yeah finally i got desktop with AMD RADEON HD 7870 but not completly working... crossing finger then...:)

Any progress on this?

I also want to disable HD7850 in OSX.
In Windows 7, I would use Virtu-Lucid. So no need to swop plugs.

Im also interested in this as I have a 6950 which i use for gaming in windows but want to only use the built in intel hd 3000 graphics for my hackintosh

tavcsor said:
Hello guys,

Have you tried to set your iGPU as the main gpu and disabling the multimonitor option in
your Bios after installing the card and before booting to mac os (you can get those settings back for virtu mvp prior to booting in to windows). Although this setting may be called differently or be entirely missing from your bios (I have familiarity only with the uefi bios of the asus's z77 boards and the old bioses (Core 2 duo age) :) )

hey!

i'm currently facing the same problem (although having a different system, z77x-ud5h, intel hd graphics 4000 / ati hd 7850). i've been researching for many days now but i couldn't find a solution yet ..

i already tried to disable the pci-e slot via dsdt editing, problem is that chimera seems to detect the ATI card before loading the dsdt file. maybe some chimera source editing would help? i have no idea .. did you guys already find a solution?

greets :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back