Contribute
Register

Directv Player (be careful installing it, it crashed my Yosemite)

Motherboard
GIGABYTE H370M D3H
CPU
Intel i7 8700K
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070SC
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Just posting my experience with Directv Player from today. My bro asked me about directv player for his laptop. So I had him send me the emails they sent him. Then I saw that they had a directv player app that you can install on the mac. Well right after I installed it, my mac locked up. Just froze, mouse stuck on the screen. After that, everytime I rebooted, right after logging in, it froze about 7 seconds later.

To fix, I booted to my backup drive with a backup partition, lucky I had it. But I certainly didnt want to roll back to my backup drive as a fix so luckily as I searched around, I found that Directv uses some flash player files and its own files that go in certain directories right in the user drive. The one that eventually got me working again was to navigate back to my main partition from my backup partition and find this folder and remove it

/Users/xxxxxx/Library/NDSPCShowServer/

Once I did that I could boot back into my main working Yosemite. Just for info, maybe others will have success but for me, it was a show stopper.