Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

ok this is getting ridiculous, why does this forum never ever respond to anything or anyone

Could be any number of reasons.

Firstly you are posting in a Guide thread - If you want help post in El Capitan Desktop Support.
Define your hardware a little better - Is that a specific model of Lenovo you have ? Which chipset does it use ?
From where did you download El Capitan ?

All of these questions should be answered in your own new thread.
Boot in verbose mode and post a (clear) picture of the screen when it stops.

Worked for me after I changed the SMBIOS to iMac 14.2

Sorry to say this, but I did not take a backup before installation and its failing to boot. (I am on Hp probook 4430, Yosemite clover ).
I am ready to erase my hard disk and do a fresh install. But I have another partition in my hard disk (other than the one i have installed OSX) and I need to get the data on that partition. So is there any way to recover data in that partition ?

Followed step by step. Clover was installing and I walked away since it had a 28 min installation. Walked back after a while and saw a OS X installation failed message. Rebooted and now my boot drive doesnt show up at all in Clover boot. Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Installation USB doesnt want to work anymore now. Loads half way then restarts computer.

Last edited:
Are you sure ???? Is it that simple ??

If your Yosemite install is not based on Clover (i.e. it's based on Chimera etc.), then no, this thread is not for you.

You have a working install of Yosemite that uses Clover as the bootloader? OK, so I misunderstood. Then yes, post #1 is your pathway.

Original Post:
I have followed the guide. As far as I am aware, I've done everything correctly. Yes Yosemite works perfectly.

When I launch the installer from clover for Mac OS as instructed, I get this.

Thanks for any help.

Edit:

I solved my issue, somehow the newest clover didn't install correctly. I installed it again and the install worked.

I look at it this way. If you have Yosemite working and you have issues updating to El Capitan, you didn't follow the guide correctly, as I didn't.

:)

Attachments

• IMG_2511.JPG
    IMG_2511.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 252
Last edited:
I must be the village idiot.

I added what was indicated to config.plist file ( since you can not open clover configurator ) . I tried with the option 0x0 , 0x3 and 0.67 , all options could not get past the screen apple .

I put it in the folder 10.11 kexts all ... ( fakesmc , nullcpu , ethernet and USB 3.0).

I added the flag to see the verbose mode , and I find the following error ...

Attached config.plist for more info.

Any suggest? What I'm doing bad?

Thank you in advance.
How did you fix this? I cant find the solution! HELP!

Back