Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

I did the update, now I have "Recovered Files" in the trash when i turn on the computer.
If i shutdown it the next time i push the on button i have to wait a lot and clover crashes. I tried with updates and reinstalling, but nothing to do, i have to reboot with the button and then it works.

What can be the problem?

Z87 OC Force (Gigabyte) is the MOBO, 4790K the CPU and R9 280x (Gigabyte) the VGA

The installer app isn't allowing me to select the system partition because it's MBR. Is there a patch or something?

I'm almost there but not quite. I'd been running Yosemite on the system shown in my profile to the left. I haven't been in a hurry to upgrade, but today an app I needed told me I had to be on El Cap. I wasn't using NVIDIA Web drivers with my GT 740 because they weren't needed.

I followed the guide and found I needed to add some steps:

1) I had to add FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext to the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11 folder or only my front two USB ports worked. I was able to use my keyboard and BT dongle in the front ports to finish configuration, and after installing those kexts was able to move them back to the back ports. Also my external Time Machine drive showed up again after installing those kexts.

2) After installation I got to the part where the gui was supposed to start, but instead I got a spinning circle on a black screen, a second of the mouse in the upper corner, then the spinning circle again. I booted into safe mode and the system was at the proper resolution, but every time I scrolled or clicked it redrew instead of moving smoothly. I couldn't find any other answers to my problem and decided to try the NVIDIA Web drivers for 10.11.3. After reboot I was able to reach the login screen with a normal login, but the NVIDIA driver thinks my ASUS PB278Q monitor is a TV and restricts it to 1080p. Under Yosemite it was correctly detected as 2560x1440, but in El Cap it's 1080p stretched to fit the screen (overscan was on by default).

I've tried multiple things to fix the graphics problem, but I'm back to using NVIDIA web drivers and 1080p resolution. If I boot to safe mode I get 2560x1440, but not in normal mode. Some of the things I tried that didn't help:

1) Switching to OS X Default Graphics Driver - when I reboot I get back to where I was. From the text size it seems to be trying to show the login screen at 2560x1440, but it keeps showing me the text of mounting the Time Machine partition (in a verbose boot), then going black with the mouse, then back to the Time Machine partition lines. If I boot normally it will either fail completely with the circle/slash symbol or get to the GUI part and go back and forth between the spinning circle and the black screen with the mouse. I left it there for 2 hours and it was still cycling. The only way I was able to get out was to boot to safe mode and reinstall the NVIDIA Web drivers, bringing me right back to 1080p.

2) Changing SMBIOS from 3,1 to 14,2. No effect.

3) Upgrading to 10.11.4, which also entailed finding the beta NVIDIA drivers in this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/os-x-updates/187001-os-x-10-11-4-update-5.html#post1223399. I also had to change from OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi to OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi. No change from what I reported above. NVIDIA works at the wrong resolution, no NVIDIA results in an endless loop.

With all the researching, sometimes on my phone when the computer wasn't booting, I've been working on this for the better part of 14 hours now. I'm quitting for the day.

Any advice on the NVIDIA problem? I searched tonymacx86 and Google without finding anything that helped me.

hi,

my motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H + Core i5-4460 with graphics Intel HD Graphic 4600
monitor: DEll P2416D

with 10.10 I get 2560 x 1440 with HDMI cable

successfully upgraded to 10.11, but now resolution is only 1920 x 1080 and I can't get it higher

any ideas?

edit,
I used this patch:
https://code.google.com/r/darkvoid-mac-pixel-clock/source/browse/macPixelClockPatcher.command

and get 2560 x 1440 x 32@60 Hz

Hi,
my motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H with graphics Intel HD Graphic 4600 and
monitor: DEll P2416D
I want to know you just use HDMI cable to connect them, right?
Many thanks!

Not so easy. In fact after all the step i found that for some reason AppleACPIPlatform by Yosemite (Hackintosh patched version) was 'Malformed' (hernel headers changed). So had to inject the BaseSystem.dmg kext version into the kernel.

Then a second problem: FIPS ! launchd FIPS was verifying some stuff calling /usr/libexec/cc_fips_test on boot.
Had to substitute cc_fips_test in

/usr/lbexec

and in

/Library/SystemMigration/History/Migration-8FB04916-C25F-469B-8C2A-8EED0DFF3A3D/QuarantineRoot/usr/libexec/

with a simple shell script always returning 0

#!/bin/sh
exit 0;

Then el cap reboteed 2 or three times et...voilà ! (With my big surprise cos i expected another 2 or three weird things by osx).

For the sake of who's in the mud.

I am getting this error just before it reboots, I followed the guide to the letter don't know what went wrong.

hackintosh panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffff802d7ce40a): kernal trap

I also have a picture if needed.
Can anyone help me out?

Here is a screen shot. Hope its readable.

Attachments

• IMG_7261.jpg
    IMG_7261.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 194
Back