Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

You'll need to boot with Clover and set it to verbose (-v flag in the boot options) to see what is causing the issue.

Currently, you've not posted enough information for anyone to be able to help you fix your problem.

when apple logo disappear , i see one line but computer rebooting quickly , it don't let me read anything
i had used "-v" but same issue

before all that thanks for your helping :)

please can anyone help me please:rolleyes:

For anyone that was getting the black screen with the mouse cursor after the update - I found something very interesting, accidentally.. I was trying all the different ways of what to do if it was actually on the login screen but the video card drivers were causing it to black out...

Ultimately, I clicked where I thought the button might be for my user account, entered my password and it came back and logged in! :confused: :D

But then it prompted me to install the latest nVidia drivers for the GTX 670... and now I'm back in a reboot loop again.. :banghead::banghead:

I followed the guide but when i try to boot in the Install OSX option, the computer crashes!

Here is what i get when trying to run the installer from clover :(

Please help!

image1.JPG

I fixed this by removing the oxsAptioFixdrv2 and just using the plain one, but now it doesn't install El Capitan, after it runs for some time when selecting Install OSX it goes back to the boot screen, this is the latest screenshot i had before it boots back.

image1.jpg

Any ideas anyone? :crazy::crazy::crazy:

UPDATE: setting nv_disable=1 seemed to work, i am now on the installation screen, crossing my fingers!

6. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot OS X Install option (Example: Boot OS X Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

Hi All,
I'm stuck on step 6, for some reasons the "install osx" option is missing after restart...
I'm running a full UEFI clover setup. Did the 1-5 steps, I'm not sure if it's wort to mention, but I've always had an issue with "restart" no properly working on my ga-x79-UP4... I need a proper shutdown for things to restart smoothly or it will reboot a couple of times before reaching clover.

Where is the capitan image installed when you do step5 ?

Hi, I have tried to follow this guide as best I can, and I thought I did everything correct, but when I get select the Install OS in the Clover Boot Menu, I get a panic. I have attached an image of this below. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

Thanks

IMG_5410.jpgIMG_5419.jpgIMG_5416.jpgIMG_5420.jpg

I update Yosemite to 10.11.2 follow this guide , but all my usb can't use, even mouse and keyboard usb port.

P9X79/ GTX 980ti/ i7 3970x

and i also followed
USB Fixes post , and it can't works.

could you kindly give me some advice?

Back