Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Doesnt't work for me :(( Destroyed my well-working Yosemite Setup.

I followed the guide, OSX El Capitan stopped 7 minutes before completion and forced a reboot. After that I am getting this once I boot into OS X:

crash.png

Please help.

Thanks, Michael

My laptop is Acer R7 571, I followed this guide and tried many times with "nv_disable, rootless, dart=0 cpus=1....." just got an error "system uptime in nanoseconds", I tried using USB boot too but got the same error.
anyone can help me? Thanks!

I downloaded El Capitan successfully. On the setup an error appears that 'This disk cannot be used to start up this computer'

Doesnt't work for me :(( Destroyed my well-working Yosemite Setup.

I followed the guide, OSX El Capitan stopped 7 minutes before completion and forced a reboot. After that I am getting this once I boot into OS X:

View attachment 153321

Please help.

Thanks, Michael

Shouldn't you have "kext-dev-mode=1" in your boot args? or am I missing something?

cloverbeast.png

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan using Clover

Established Clover users on OS X Yosemite who wish to update directly to OS X El Capitan can do so just like a regular Mac would. This fully native method requires no USB creation or preparation.

Before you begin, we strongly recommend performing a full backup of your existing system using Carbon Copy Cloner. By doing this, you can always go back to your working OS X Yosemite installation.

1. Download the latest version of Clover from sourceforge and update your existing Clover install.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

View attachment 150530

3. Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with TextEdit and add the following BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig keys to RtVariables section. This will partially disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) when booting OS X El Capitan.

Code:
    <key>RtVariables</key>
    <dict>
        <key>BooterConfig</key>
        <string>0x28</string>
        <key>CsrActiveConfig</key>
        <string>0x3</string>
    </dict>
View attachment 150528 4. Download Install OS X El Capitan Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

5. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot OS X Install option (Example: Boot OS X Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the OS X installation process. When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

8. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot Mac OS X option (Example: Boot Mac OS X from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

:thumbup:

Related:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ublic-beta-installation-usb-using-clover.html
http://www.tonymacx86.com/alternate-bootloaders/128018-tonymacx86-clover-theme.html

Hi tonymacx86,

Wonderful. And which Boot Flags arguments we have to be in config.plist? The same that we have with Yosemite?

Thanks,
LP

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone :wave:

I am trying to update the system to 10.11... :crazy:

I stuck in row 6 "When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot OS X Install option" :banghead:
After 3-5 seconds it appears, as pictured (optimal and -v) :oops:

Can anyone help me? :p

Thanks in advance :headbang:

Attachments

• IMG_3264.jpg
    IMG_3264.jpg
    632 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_3265.jpg
    IMG_3265.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 90
  • config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 205
So I followed the instructions in the OP and I got stuck at the spinning beachball. I reconfigured my SMBIOS for 14,2 like some people had suggested, and I still get stuck at the grey screen (not even a pointer). My question is, do I have to remove my kext injections from my config.plist before booting into the installer? I have all of the BT4, WiFi, Handoff, etc injections setup in my config.plist and I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed those causing problems?

Will also look at moving FakeSMC.kext to other/ instead of 10.11/

Hi.

I finally succeeded on my ASUS P8Z77-V PRO (GeForce 760), upgrading from Yosemite 10.10.5:

1. I followed the steps in this guide, but once installed I couldn't boot OS X.
2. Selecting "Boot with injected kexts" on Clover screen did the trick for me.
3. Installed nVidia Web Drivers.
4. Sound was not working:
- Tried toleda's https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC patch, but said Audio ID 0 not supported.
- Fixed by modifying /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Audio/Inject set to 1) and rebooting.
- HDMI sound was not working. Fixed by downloading https://www.dropbox.com/s/9xenemmfwa...o-1.1.dmg?dl=0 and placing it into /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11
5. USB 3.0 ports are not working. I guess I'll wait for MultiBeast to solve that problem for me =)

ATI HD 7770, I have a black screen after boot.
I edited /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist and rebuiled cache.
Code:
diff -Naur ~/Desktop/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist
--- /Volumes/FIL/Desktop/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist    2015-10-02 17:24:22.000000000 +0300
+++ /System/Library/Extensions/AMDRadeonX4000.kext/Contents/Info.plist    2015-10-02 17:53:56.000000000 +0300
@@ -219,15 +219,15 @@
                 <key>CAIL_DisableDynamicGfxMGPowerGating</key>
                 <integer>1</integer>
                 <key>CAIL_DisableGfxCGPowerGating</key>
-                <integer>0</integer>
+                <integer>1</integer>
                 <key>CAIL_DisableGmcPowerGating</key>
                 <integer>1</integer>
                 <key>CAIL_DisableStaticGfxMGPowerGating</key>
                 <integer>1</integer>
                 <key>CAIL_DisableUVDPowerGating</key>
                 <key>CAIL_DisableVCEPowerGating</key>
             </dict>
         </dict>
     </dict>
It helped me. Good Luck!

I still cant get audio to work:(
I have tried enabling/disabling SIP but the kext doesn't install properly. I can see it in the kext folder but that's it. I'll delete it again (is there anything else I should remove for ex in the plist?) and try again.
Are the steps I do the proper ones:

Disable SIP in plist (0x67)
Reboot
Run Toeleda's audio Clover ALC 110 v 1.0f
Reboot
Semi Enable SIP in plist (0x3)

thanks for the help :)

Ok this is starting to annoy me a little bit, still no sound (I had it working without issue under Yosemite.

I opened the EFI partition, deleted the ALC kext in the 10.11 folder (for some reason, when I launch the command the kext installs but no sound), restarted and did this:

Disable SIP in plist (0x67)
Reboot
Run Toeleda's audio Clover ALC 110 v 1.0f
Reboot
Semi Enable SIP in plist (0x3)
and Rebooted again.

After that, the speaker icon is still greyed out (no sound) but when I go to the EFI partition in the 10.11 kext folder, the ALC kext is there.

Also is it normal,even when I boot with SIP disabled (0x67) I still see this when I launch the ALC command to install the kext?:

System Integrity Protection status: enabled (Custom Configuration).

Configuration:
Apple Internal: disabled
Kext Signing: disabled
Filesystem Protections: disabled
Debugging Restrictions: disabled
DTrace Restrictions: disabled
NVRAM Protections: disabled

Please help, what Am I doing wrong and what can I try to get sound back.... Thanks :)

Back