Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Updated Yosemite to ELC, and now can't boot to OS.
Asus p8p67, i5 2500k (not overclocked), Nvidia gf 260 or gf 650, disabled USB 3, com ports, fire-wire in BIOS
Tried nv_disable=1, no luck.
FakeSMC and NullCPUpowermanagement deleted from /efi/clover/kext/others, but same error with kexts...

Any help with this error?

You need to delete EvOreboot.kext from S/L/E

After the first restart and selecting OS X Install from the system drive in the Clover boot menu, I get a circle with a line through it.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Good news...I did a successful, fresh install of El Cappy on my Z77X-UD5H TH Thunderball system. I used UniBeast 6 with UEFI build and the Post Installation pkgs.

During installation, the installer asked if I wanted to use Migration Assistant which I did using my Mavericks SSD to transfer my apps and User folder (do not check Other Files). I can access the MAS using my WiFi connection, and I have access to iCloud. :thumbup:

I'll put a step by step procedure in my build description real soon now.

I have yet to test my USB and Thunderbolt ports.

You need to delete EvOreboot.kext from S/L/E

Thx, that was a part of solution, added back nullcpupowermanagement.kext and fakesmc.kext, booted with nv_disable=1.

Now installation continues...

* GA-Z77-DS3H + Intel HD4000 Gfx + OS X 10.11 El Capitan INSTALL SUCCESS ! *

• Mounted EFI with Clover Configurator
  • Ran Clover_v2.3k_r3270.pkg and kept my previous UEFI settings
  • Copied existing kexts (FakeSMC, ALXEthernet, HWSensor kexts) to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11
  • Edited my existing config.plist with new SIP entries to Rt Variables + removed my old audio_cloverALC_100 patch enteries and unchecked kext-dev-mode=1
  • Ran the Install OS X El Capitan.app from OS X Yosemite 10.10.5 desktop
  • On first reboot, i selected the Boot OS X Install option (Clover bootloader menu)
  • Fixed my Kernel Panics by booting the install in Verbose mode
  • Logged into OS X El Captian and set up iCloud - Success..
  • Clover TRIM patch, my DSDT and SSDT all working except no audio (as expected !)
  • Mounted EFI with Clover Configurator
  • Disabled SIP in config.plist (csr-active-config 0x67) and ran Toleda audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0f.command patch
  • Rebooted back into OSX and my Realtek ALC889 audio is working :)
  • Re-edited config.plist for SIP back to csr-active-config 0x3 (Loads unsigned kexts)
  • Messages & FaceTime working
  • iTunes Beats 1 Radio works

Update: if you have a Multi-Boot setup and have lost audio after your audio_cloverALC clearly worked first time then please apply this fix

Fantastic guide Tonymac and it makes a change not having to create a USB installer and just performing the OS X Install in place :thumbup:

Thanks Tonymacx86, Toleda, the Clover developers and the Hackintosh community for all your hard work and these great innovations. Props to Apple for their fantastic free Mac OS ;)

Last edited:
What is the best way to delete ever boot file from s/l/e if the system is no longer booting ? Sorry if that sounds noob.

Did is the update and everything but now panics on boot

Upgrade direct from appstore.
Only clover audio re-patch.
Nothing else.

Only issue with EL:
Crash when I chooce "Language & Region" in System Preferences.
Maybe Direct Upgrade's fault or El Capitan's bug.

We'll see on next update...

I've followed the instructions to upgrade from a really great running Yosemite to El Capitan... when I boot into the install OSX from clover, this is the final screens of verbose...

What could be the issue?

I didn't have a FakeSMC.kext in my 10.10 folder becasue it wasn't necessary so I've tried with and without it. I've tried doing it as the only kext and with the audio kext from 10.10 but nothing seems to work...

Hopefully someone might know what this screen is showing. Oh, and I have tried with and without the flag nv_disable=1

Attachments

• IMG_3684.jpg
    IMG_3684.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3685.jpg
    IMG_3685.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 135
Upgrade direct from appstore.
Only clover audio re-patch.
Nothing else.

Only issue with EL:
Crash when I chooce "Language & Region" in System Preferences.
Maybe Direct Upgrade's fault or El Capitan's bug.

We'll see on next update...

I'm not getting a crash when I click language & region.

Back