Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

I've followed the guide but I'm still getting the beachball upon reboot. Is there any way to delete the temp install partition and retry?

There's no such thing as a RtVariables section in my config.plist, where I'm supposed to add this then? I updated to the latest Clover version.
Same here. I added it at the bottom, just above the final 2 lines.

However, when booting the installer, I get a spinning beachball on a gray screen after a really long boot time. The problem is essentially the same as the first people in this thread also had. I have launchd exit with error code 255 instead, however.

I use the iMac 14,2 ID on a GA-Z87X-UD3H, Core i7-4770K, and 2 GeForce GTX 680. Internal graphics HD4600 are disabled.

Everything worked great in 10.10.5 - and still do if I boot that instead of the installer.

Unless you have added MLB and Rom in RT Variables in clover config tool you won't have the entry in your config.plist.

I do have Clover configurator, what should I do then? I saw the RtVariable section in the configurator.

Unless you have added MLB and Rom in RT Variables in clover config tool you won't have the entry in your config.plist.
Aha. Can you tell us where we should add it? I don't know if us doing that bit wrong is what's breaking our 10.11 installers but I'd like to know if I did that part right so I can rule that out as the culprit.

Same setup as you two. I too have been running USB audio since mid '13 or so. I went with (amazon) B000KW2YEI, but B00OJ5AV8I will work fine too.

Have you guys tried to do a clean install via USB? I can't get the USB to get into the setup screen.

I like B000KW2YEI better... I will order one .. thanks

Direct update works (THANKS!), except toleda audio patch see audio id = 0 :(
In my IORegistry i see layout id 00 00 00 00 too.

Gigabyte Z97x-Gaming 3 with ALC1150.

Any help with clover/dsdt config?
Audio was working before with yosemite + uni/multibeast combo.

EDIT: Works now, layout 1 injected in clover, then toleda + first port :)
ssdt for overclocked i7 to go...

Not a new problem with El Capitan, search works very well.
No Audio After Sleep/Wake - Realtek ALC AppleHDA
Note: CodecCommander solution does not work from EFI

Thank you sir for taking your time to answer to my questions. I do use search but it give me a ton of pages to read. It confuses me ...:) so high tech....

I was wondering something ... this is something I will pay money to get it .. if would be available for download . Is it possible to create a software that will scan your hardware and install the correct settings accordingly ?

I had installed Yosemite on a MBR partition. El Capitan installer is not allowing me to upgrade as it is looking or a GUID partition. Is there any way for me to upgrade the OS without having to do a clean install?

Thanks for the guide! Upgraded from Yosemite.

I had to execute the Toleda Audio Patch for sound and re-enable TRIM support.

Also - I'm running little snitch, make sure you update that too.

EDIT - Spoke too soon. USB 2 & 3 work from the back ports - however the front usb headers are not recognized. Small price to pay as I notice that my Safari/youtube performance has dramatically improved. I'll just need to hang more off the back ports. Also - VMWare v8.0.0 and v8.0.1 running with a Win7 guest machine - the guest loses the second monitor. (yes I've reinstalled the vmware tools, etc.)

EDIT 2 - USB now working after applying the Rename patch (Rename EHC1 to EH01 & EHC2 to EH02.) VMWare still acting weird with dual screens - however there is a work around that 're-enabled' the second monitor for guests.

Last edited:
Back