Intel Core i7-4790
Graphics
GeForce GT 740 OC 1024MB
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Hello!
I easily install Yosemite (10.10.5) according to the instructions (UniBeast+MultiBeast):
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/unibeast-install-os-x-yosemite-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.143976/

But the update to El Capitan can not. I do not have a folder /EFI/ in the root directory (anywhere is not).

screen-01.jpg

And so, I can not perform steps 2 and 3:

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10/ to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.
3. Open /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist with TextEdit and add the following BooterConfig and CsrActiveConfig keys to RtVariables section. This will partially disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) when booting OS X El Capitan.
What to do?

THX

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
The EFI is a partition on your Yosemite drive. In the Terminal, type/run:
Code:
diskutil list
Then user EFI Mounter v3 to mount your EFI partition.

Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 15 3521
CPU
Intel i3-3217U 1.8Ghz / HM76
Graphics
Intel HD 4000, 1366x768
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey! I don't seem to have the RtVariables section in my config.plist. Any way of adding it to it?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i7-3770k
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX-1060 3G SC
Hi guys, I am using Yosemite and in config.plist there is no RtVariables? where it is supposed to be, or added? can someone help please?

I found the answer myself.....if anybody has the same issue , here is what I did: Download Clover configurator, there is an option there for RtVariables, also If you don't see EFI partition , download EFI Mounter V3.
Upgrade from Yosemite to El Capitan went smooth with CLOVER and the great guide found here in tonymacx86, thank you very much to all the contributors to this site for share your knowledge with us!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Motherboard
i7
CPU
i7 3770K
Graphics
EVGA 660ti 3GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
would this work from a Mavericks install with clover? I want to update but I don't wanna do it from scratch.. I'd rather just wait until I absolutely need to if this won't work :p

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Yes, it work work if you follow post #1's procedures.