CPU
i5-4690K
Graphics
GT 740 SC
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
hi,

my motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H + Core i5-4460 with graphics Intel HD Graphic 4600
monitor: DEll P2416D

with 10.10 I get 2560 x 1440 with HDMI cable

successfully upgraded to 10.11, but now resolution is only 1920 x 1080 and I can't get it higher

any ideas?

edit,
I used this patch:
https://code.google.com/r/darkvoid-mac-pixel-clock/source/browse/macPixelClockPatcher.command

and get 2560 x 1440 x 32@60 Hz
Hi,
my motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H with graphics Intel HD Graphic 4600 and
monitor: DEll P2416D
I want to know you just use HDMI cable to connect them, right?
Many thanks!

Motherboard
XEN
CPU
Athlon
Graphics
EMU
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Not so easy. In fact after all the step i found that for some reason AppleACPIPlatform by Yosemite (Hackintosh patched version) was 'Malformed' (hernel headers changed). So had to inject the BaseSystem.dmg kext version into the kernel.

Then a second problem: FIPS ! launchd FIPS was verifying some stuff calling /usr/libexec/cc_fips_test on boot.
Had to substitute cc_fips_test in

/usr/lbexec

and in

/Library/SystemMigration/History/Migration-8FB04916-C25F-469B-8C2A-8EED0DFF3A3D/QuarantineRoot/usr/libexec/

with a simple shell script always returning 0

#!/bin/sh
exit 0;

Then el cap reboteed 2 or three times et...voilà ! (With my big surprise cos i expected another 2 or three weird things by osx).

For the sake of who's in the mud.

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD3H rev:1.2
CPU
I7
Graphics
Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I am getting this error just before it reboots, I followed the guide to the letter don't know what went wrong.

hackintosh panic(cpu 0 caller 0xfffff802d7ce40a): kernal trap

I also have a picture if needed.
Can anyone help me out?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UD3H rev:1.2
CPU
I7
Graphics
Asus Strix GeForce GTX 1080
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Here is a screen shot. Hope its readable.

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Will this method work if I'm currently running ML 10.8.5 with Clover?

If not, what steps would I need to add so that it does work?

I'm a long time 10.8.5 user and advocate, and until now have seen no reason to try to step up to any of the newer versions. Unfortunately, the Asus 650TiBoost I used in my original build recently bit the bucket. When I went to look for a replacement, I saw that I could now get a Gigabyte 750TiOC 4GB card for around the price I paid for the first one. From what I've gathered from other posts on the site, this card will only really work properly in Yosemite onward. I would like to be able to avoid all of the extra work involved in a fresh install too, if I can! :D

Motherboard
GA-Z170MX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
PS Right now I'm running my current build using just the internal graphics on the mobo and everything is 100% stable. I was thinking my plan would be to first update to El Capitan, then install Nvidia drivers, then the physical card when it comes. Since the onboard GFX does allow for dual display I'm not in a huge hurry, as many of the things I do aren't graphic intensive. But ultimately I would like a stable environment where I can best use the superior GFX engine..

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
It works on X99 motherboards? And the drivers ... do not update them?