Contribute
Register

Direct Update to OS X El Capitan Using Clover

Thank you for this great guide. I've followed it to the letter and the upgrade process went off without a hitch.

All of the USB 2.0 & 3.0 ports are working without any "fix". App Store, iMessage, iCloud, TRIM etc. are all working too.

Only issue is that iStat Menus cannot find any sensors. (it was working on Yosemite) I've put the sensor kexts in 10.11 and Other folders and HWMonitor can read them but not iStat Menus. I know it's not an El Capitan issue since it works fine on my rMBP.

My specs;

- iMac12,2 SMBIOS
- i7-2600K (overclocked)
- Asus P8Z77-V Pro
- Asus DirectCU II GTX 780
- Samsung 850EVO 250GB

You need to remove EvOreboot.kext from S/L/E

Correct, copy all kexts/10.10 to kexts/10.11.
Since the 10.11 Installer replaces AppleHDA.kext;
1. disable SIP
2. restart
3. View Raw/audio_cloverALC-110.command/Save (Use .zip)/select file/double click file, answer questions
4. enable SIP
5. restart

More info:
Realtek ALC AppleHDA/Post #1/3. cloverALC/Clover patched

You guys are the best. Thanks for your help!

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 8.20.10 PM.png

I've tried for about an hour to get it to update, get stuck on the spinning ball. Make sure to remove the kext in /s/l/e that are also in /efi/clover/kext/10.11. I had duplicate fakesmc.kext in both directories. Removed the fakesmc.kext out of the /s/l/e directory and now I'm updating. :headbang:

I removed EvOreboot.kext from System/Libraries/Extensions and tried the whole process again.

Bam. Upgrade worked like a champ. I just had to run audio_cloverALC-110.command_v1.0f and reboot and I have my sound working.

As far as I can tell it's running just as well as it was before.

Thanks to all the rock stars in this thread who have been so helpful!

For some reason i think that the Files on the EFI partition need to be removed .. the kexts... but thing is i can no longer boot into OSX and all i can do is use my windows Partion to remove files on the OSx drives...

Kinda wish I had Waited to update lol

For some reason i think that the Files on the EFI partition need to be removed .. the kexts... but thing is i can no longer boot into OSX and all i can do is use my windows Partion to remove files on the OSx drives...

Kinda wish I had Waited to update lol

You can boot into single user mode for that stuff too (using the -s bootflag). Do that and then mount your disk with

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]mount -uw /[/COLOR]

Useful info in case you accidentally nuke everything some day :p

Last edited:
Followed the instructions, however I am stuck at roughly 3/4 of the loading bar (at Apple logo). I am on the Intel i5 4670 and Gigabyte Z97H. Any Ideas what could've gone wrong?
Julian's  2015.10.02_0.jpg

Thanks!

gajulian, have you removed EvOreboot.kext from System/Libraries/Extensions ? I had a very similar looking error and that's the thing I missed at first.

Okay, so things aren't 100% perfect on my system after all. Turns out I have no power through USB 2.0 headers on the front panel, (which isn't a huge deal at the moment), but I also am not getting Bluetooth.

I actually have an Apple Wireless/Bluetooth adapter in a PCI-E adapter that works with the continuity features, so it seems strange that it wouldn't just work. As a fallback I have one of the little USB adapters and that one does work, but it would be good to get the actual Apple Bluetooth running again. Any ideas why that's not working for me?

Back