Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Hey Guys, i directly upgraded my Setup with this Thread and it worked great. I just had no Sound after the Upgrade. But this is not hard to fix.

5. When Clover boot screen appears, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating. Press spacebar to enter Boot Options and choose Without Caches option and/or Inject Kexts option then Boot Mac OS X with selected options.
Hi, im trying this but im stuck at "gIOsceenlockstate 3, hs 0, bs 0, sm 0x0" during installation process. So it wont finish of the installation. I have lilu and whatevergreen kext in my EFI, but booted macOS install without inject kext. Should i try to run installer with kext or do some one have any suggestions?

(i have El Capitan 10.11.2 running on a imac 14.2 sysdef.)

UPDATE:
I ran installation with inject kext and it installed fine.

Last edited:
So, I tried to venture out to do the upgrade (from El Cap to Sierra). It started the install. However, when it rebooted all I see now is the clover boot loader with no system drive to boot from at all. I am not sure what I did wrong here. But, there are no options to “boot from Mac OS” or previous os or anything. Only boot options menu, options, restart and exit (oh and a shell option). Is there anything I can do to get this back at all?

I tried putting in a Sierra USB drive to boot up and see if there was something diskutils would show me but it didn’t even have my boot drive on there at all. Only thing I could see were my other data drives, etc. There was one drive that was 500gb that I “think” may have been the original El Cap system drive but I am not sure. It says it is unformatted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated (I knew I should not have attempted this upgrade after having a steady El Capitan system for so long....ugh.....). Thanks!
Did you ever solve this issue? I'm running into the exact same problem now.

Back