Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

image.jpg
I keep getting this and can’t get past it at all :/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 246
I would just get a Apple logo with a white circle loading and then it freezes I have a gtx 1070 msi z170a krait gaming x3 and i7 6700k

Did you boot without cache? did you put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other? How does your L/E look?
Thank you for your post, I was having the grey screen/beachball, added FakeSMC viola all good with the install.

Thank you for your post, I was having the grey screen/beachball, added FakeSMC viola all good with the install.

Without FakeSMC in EFI/Clover/kexts/other you will not be able to enter the installer.

Hey guys, I tried this install upgrading from El Capitan 10.11.6

only put FakeSMC in the /other folder, and had newest clover installed

Tried without cache, with cache, boot with injected kext, boot with selected options, all of them just pause on a black screen with the apple logo (white). I don't even see a loading or progress bar.

When i boot from verbose I can't see the beginning of the log, it scrolls down and misses the important parts and I can't scroll back up again to look at them. How do I access these logs?
I'm looking in /var/logs but i don't see anything here

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just updated from El Capitan to Sierra using latest Clover. The update wouldn't go through unless nv_disable=1 was selected (otherwise screen would go "no signal" after proceeding with installation).

Sierra has installed ok, but again screen goes "no signal" after the Apple logo when using default settings. The only way I can get into the system is with nv_disable=1.

I've updated the Nvidia Drivers after installation but nothing has changed. Currently screen resolution and performance are extremely low, even hard to write this post :).

Any idea where to look for for a fix?

Many thanks :).

EDIT:

I think I fixed it by installing "Nvidia fix" from MultiBeast.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 18.14.21.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-09 at 18.14.21.png
    67 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Back