Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

I'm trying to update to Sierra this way and "Install Mac OS X" is not an option in clover. SIP is disabled. What are some other things I can try to get that working?

Verify that Clover is updated. Put FakeSMC & appropriate Ethernet kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other instead of 10.12 folder.

I had a (mostly) successful upgrade from 10.11.6, the mistake I made was that my HackrNVMeFamily kext had to be removed and could not be injected. I put it back during post-install and my secondary disk came back without issue. Having a backup drive with CCC is really a life saver in these situations. Using the iMac 17,1 definition I was able to upgrade web drivers without hassle. AGDPfix.app still works brilliantly!

My USB 3.0 ports seem to be acting up. Did anyone have to perform any USB-related fixes post-install?

I had a (mostly) successful upgrade from 10.11.6, the mistake I made was that my HackrNVMeFamily kext had to be removed and could not be injected. I put it back during post-install and my secondary disk came back without issue. Having a backup drive with CCC is really a life saver in these situations. Using the iMac 17,1 definition I was able to upgrade web drivers without hassle. AGDPfix.app still works brilliantly!

My USB 3.0 ports seem to be acting up. Did anyone have to perform any USB-related fixes post-install?

Create new thread relating to USB 3 with Clover folder & removing themes ZIP attach ioreg.

Why this guide says to copy files into EFI/EFI/Clover/ktexts/Other while I'd assume EFI/EFI/Clover/ktexts/10.12 (Following the logic from El Capitan update guide).

What has changed?

choose Without Caches option
Hello, I've done all the installation with ElCap, system worked fine.
Am trying to upgrade to Sierra with your tuto.
Step 1 ok (the latest is Clover 2. 4k rev 4003
Step 2 ok
Step 3 ok
Step 4 ok
Step 5 not
Everything is going fine until I try to reboot from Clover from Boot macOS Install option.
When hitting the spacebar to enter the Boot Options , I do not have the "Without Caches"

I have : (pic below)
---------------
Cancel hibernate wake
Boot macOS with selected option
Boot macOS without injected kexts
=== boot-args ===
verbose (-v)
Disable Shiki (-shikiOff)
-------------
But no where is "Without Caches"

As a result if I boot with :
"Cancel hibernate wake"
--> I get a kernel panic within 2 seconds

"Boot macOS with selected option"
--> I get a kernel panic within 2 seconds

"Boot macOS without injected kexts"
--> The boot process starts with an apple progressbar that goes to about 60% of the way then it stops and I get a no way sign.

Any ideas / suggestions ?

Thanks

Configure (working all good with ElCap) =
Nuc 6i5SYK
2x16 Gig Ram
512 M.2 NVME

Attachments

• IMG_2731.JPG
    IMG_2731.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 171
Interesting situation while trying this method:

- Followed page 1 install instructions and got the following kernel panics (see below)
- Continued to boot back into El Capitan try different kexts in the Other folder including NullCPUPowerManagement.kext which didn't work despite the panic on AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement
- Tried putting essential kexts in /10.12 folder – now can no longer boot to El Capitan from my OS SSD or Install macOS partition – but most surprisingly I get the same kernel panics when I boot from an El Capitan installer and can't even get to the recovery for terminal access.

IMG_0047.JPG

I've since tried:
- Booting in safe mode
- Removing boot priorities in bios
- Removing XHCI enabling
- 4 different USB 2.0 ports when booting with Unibeast drive
- Removing mysterious "Clover bootloader" partitions priorities that showed up after a while (used Shell 64 to remove)
- Using nv_disable=1, cpus=1, -f, dart=0, kext-dev-mode=1, npci=0x2000 (&3000)
- Injecting Intel graphics into the Unibeast drive

Running out of ideas, however I think if I could access the OS SSD EFI from Shell 64 and remove the kexts from /10.12 that would at least allow me to boot back into El Capitan to try upgrading again.

Any thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_0047.JPG
    IMG_0047.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 113
Thanks a lot for the guide! I just upgraded my El Capitan 10.11.6 to macOS Sierra 10.12.3 :) Followed the steps from the top, copied kexts from Library/Extensions to EFI folder both 10.12 and others, just to be sure. Now I have to fix Siri connection problem and slow restart/shutdown. Probably sleep/wake problem. Anything else working. I'm using external audio interface Presonus USB, but seems that my internal audio is working as well, it appears in system preferences/sound :) Thanks again!

so I tried to update Clover on my Desktop installation (in signature).
I had version 3425 (if I'm not wrong), the one that came with MultiBeast for El Capitan.
After update to the last version, if I reboot, I got Kernel Panic (unfortunately it reboots too fast and I can't read or take a pic of what is says).
I tried verbose, single user, safe mode, ignore injected kext (I'm using FakeSMC and RealtekRTL8111), but didn't help
The only way to boot the system is reinstall 3425 using MultiBeast.

cloverbeast.png

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover
When I try and update Clover, it never allows me to load any existing OS such as El Capitan. Does the new clover support Legacy boot ?

Back