Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Same issue, the latest clover doesn't have a boot without caches option. I tried manually doing NoCaches in the config.plist but it doesn't seem to have done anything.

It hangs up a few lines after "NVDAStartup: Official". A few timeout messages pop up (busy timeout[0], (240s), kextd wait(0) 'X86PlatformPlugin', 'NVDAHal', 'NVDA,Display-A', 'IOHDACodecFunction', 'IOResources'), then "Waiting for DSMOS", and it just sits. The same thing happens if I use nv_disable=1.

Hey folks.
I feel a little stupid, but i cant boot without cache and i cant insert kexts. If i hit the space bar on the clover start up screen on the [boot macos install] i get a bunch of options but not the two required. Cant find them anywhere. Any ideas much appreciated! (I booted with no options klicked but (nvida web insert) and the installer is installing. Im just worried it wont start after. Thanks! Pold

If i hit the space bar on the clover start up screen on the [boot macos install] i get a bunch of options but not the two required
No longer included in Clover - You could always use an earlier version of Clover or just go ahead without them.

No longer included in Clover - You could always use an earlier version of Clover or just go ahead without them.
Thanks P1lgrim, actually it worked to my surprise. so i run the latest clover and latest boot loader. I did not restart without chaches and i did not insert the kexts. but it still works!

One Question: i didn't not have the FakeSMC.kext in my kexts/other folder before. Do i need it, its in there now. what does it do exactly?
My HDMI Audio doesn't seem to work any more. I have the "HDMIAudio.kext" inn the other folder (shall i move the kexts to the 10.12 folder?
I also use the BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but not sure what they so. Im sorry i set up my system a few month back and was very happy that it was running, im not to familiar with the too tecky stuff :)

Thanks
Pold

One Question: i didn't not have the FakeSMC.kext in my kexts/other folder before. Do i need it, its in there now. what does it do exactly?
FakeSMC.kext is the only absolutely mandatory kext, and is required for booting the system.
FakeSMC.kext should be installed to /Library/Extensions on your system drive.
When you perform an upgrade the installer cannot access the FakeSMC.kext on the hard drive so we include it in
/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. This also enables you to use the Recovery partition.

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. Strongly i cant find Library/Extentions folder any more in sierra. But i guess it will be in the right spot since everything is working so far.
Besides HDMI audio and sleep (i use darkwake, and dart=0)
Does placing Kext into the EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 load them automatically up on reboot?
Thanks

Thanks P1lgrim, actually it worked to my surprise. so i run the latest clover and latest boot loader. I did not restart without chaches and i did not insert the kexts. but it still works!

My HDMI Audio doesn't seem to work any more. I have the "HDMIAudio.kext" inn the other folder (shall i move the kexts to the 10.12 folder?
I also use the BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext but not sure what they so. Im sorry i set up my system a few month back and was very happy that it was running, im not to familiar with the too tecky stuff :)

Thanks
Pold
hey, i'm having the same problem as yours that i can't find "run without caches" anymore with new version of clover, but i only see "run without kext injected" only. so i run with that "run without kext injected", but when apple logo finish to load my screen only show this >>>>>>> :beachball: <<
i also tried your method that start install mac osx without inserting fakeSMC in 10.12 folder. the output is just the same :beachball:... can u help me? or can anyone guide me??
thanks in advance

I successfully updated from 10.11.6 to 10.12 with latest FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e in my kexts/other folder without caches and Inject kext, so far so good.
But what about installing/updating other kexts? Do I need to run MultiBeast to install/update them?

N.B. In my /Library/Extensions I only find old versions of FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e and none of SATA, FakeSMC, ... ?

I successfully updated from 10.11.6 to 10.12 with latest FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e in my kexts/other folder without caches and Inject kext, so far so good.
But what about installing/updating other kexts? Do I need to run MultiBeast to install/update them?

N.B. In my /Library/Extensions I only find old versions of FakeSMC.kext and AppleIntelE1000e and none of SATA, FakeSMC, ... ?
Now that you've got Sierra installed, moved the kexts out of other to the Desktop and run KextBeast selecting the /Library/Extensions/ folder. Reboot and run MultiBeast for Sierra (v9.0.1) for you configuration. (I save my MultiBeast configuration before I leave MultiBeast so I can easily perform this activity in the future.)

Sunday 11-6-16 12PM CST

I was able to use the op's method by using Clover_v2.3k_r3899 and putting the following kext
Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 12.11.35 PM.png

in the folder /Volumes/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

Running the installer
On restart selecting 'Nvidia Web Driver' option and 'Verbose mode' (to see errors) and selecting the first selection available, something like '...Cancel Intel hibernate...' and hitting 'ENTER' to begin the installer with those options.

This worked and the install proceeded.

After I logged into my mac I had to update to newer Nvidia Web Driver.

I didn't have a clue what I was doing, but I figured adding those kexts would probably work and I accidentally selected that option, it just so happened to work.

Here are my mac specs in Sierrra.

Screen Shot 2016-11-06 at 12.21.46 PM.png

Maybe this will help someone :)

Back