Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Seems like im stuck on sound assertion, and then it times out after 24o seconds.. :/ anyone have any ideas?

IMG_0554.JPG

I had that problem on my H97N-WIFI. Do you have AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext installed to L/E?

So I added RealTek kext and nullpower to my clover other folder, and that *seemed* to do the trick.. just a fyi.. will test it again since I did this on my cloned drive first to see if it actually works.

So I added RealTek kext and nullpower to my clover other folder, and that *seemed* to do the trick.. just a fyi.. will test it again since I did this on my cloned drive first to see if it actually works.

NullCPUPowermanagement isn't needed. You may need too generate a new SSDT.

Hi, I've a question about updating Clover.
According to Clover Configurator my current booted revision is 3320,
but if I'm updating Clover (by running the installer and install to my Fusion Drive) and rebooting I'm still in 3320.
What am I doing wrong?

did as said. mac restarted, loading bar appeared. After loading (took a while) a grey screen appeared with the marble of doom :beachball: ... Then I waited some time, got fed up and shut the mac down (holding power button) ... My El Cap still works.

Any ideas?

I experienced a similar situation. I also tried to boot using the USB Sierrra guide, with negative results.
Seems like im stuck on sound assertion, and then it times out after 24o seconds.. :/ anyone have any ideas?

View attachment 217451

We you ever able to get past the kernel panic? I have a similar situation.

Thanks

Here's how I did the backup of beta Sierra.

Required: Formatted spare drive with an empty EFI partition. Copy Copy Cloner (CCC) or SuperDuper.
:ch:Clone (backup) your current OS X partition to the backup drive.
:ch:Open the Terminal and execute the following command:
Code:
diskutil list
:ch:Find your EFI partitions from the output of the above command:
disksXs1 > your current installation EFI partition
disksYs1 > your backup EFI partition​
:ch:Mount each EFI partition using EFI Mounter v3 - be sure to keep track of which EFI is what as they will both mount on your Desktop as EFI.
:ch:Copy the EFI folder (within the EFI partition) from the installation drive to the EFI partition of the backup drive.​
You can test your backup by booting into your BIOS, selecting the Backup drive as your boot drive, save and boot to the Backup drive. Everything should work fine. If so, reboot into the BIOS, re-select the installation drive, save and boot into the installation drive.
FYI, I did as you suggested above. After I test booted into my cloned startup system with it's own EFI everything worked, but when I tried to restart from my main SSD nothing worked. Complete unhappy darkness. I couldn't even boot from my USB. I then took my cloned drive and EFI partition to a Mac I have in the house, stuck the drive in a HD cradle, loaded the EFI, erased it. Then I reset the BIOs from the motherboard jumper. I was able to load my original startup drive and EFI. When I added back the backup drive with the empty EFI, everything was fine. I think I'd be too scared to try this again.

Can anyone recommend a solution? Getting this everytime I try to install Sierra no matter selection (cache/kext/etc.)

Attachments

• IMG_3973.JPG
    IMG_3973.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 141
So I went through the upgrade process and was able to get into Sierra normally, but there's one small annoyance left. Everytime it boots, I have to go into the Clover settings and change SMBIOS definition from MacPro3,1 to MacPro5,1 otherwise it will hang and shut itself down. The weird thing is that I even changed the default settings in config.plist in the EFI partition to MacPro5,1, this would still happen .The SMBIOS setting even shows Mac5,1 but if I let it boot automatically, it will shut down, I have to go into the SMBIOS setting at boot time and exit in order for it to boot properly. Any idea how to fix this?

Edit: fixed by myself, just went through this guide on how to set up SMBIOS, I actually only changed the Rt Variables and it already worked.

Last edited:
Back