Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

I'm trying to Direct Update to Sierra. But I keep getting the foloowing error when I Boot macOS install

Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1098
iMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchhd[1] (org.ntp.sntp.134) Warning: Service exited with abnormal code:1
busy timeout[0] (240s) kextd wait (0): 'AppleACPICPU'

After 10 minutes it will got to a Apple loading screen with a Blue-grey bar with the beach ball o doom. Nothing will happen.
Any ideas?

Yes, and also tried updating via an internal SATA drive. Still no luck.
Maybe you have old incompatible kext for usb? Try disabling usb3 in bios.

I encountoured a strange bios freeze at the end of update (after second reboot). The hackintosh was completly stuck on the BIOS screen (keyboard wasn't working). I tried pulling up the SSD/HDD sata cables, but it was still stuck . I finally managed to boot sierra by removing one of both 8 GB RAM chip.
Now sierra is booting with both RAM chips.

Afterwards I tested memory with memory86 test tool : no error found.
Tested disks with Disk Utility on recovery boot: no error

I can't explain why the update from el capitan to sierra led to this BIOS problem.

Anyway sierra is working properly now

Went like clockwork. Legacy BIOS clover, with latest update. Followed the instructions at the beginning of the thread. Worked perfectly. Trim support still enabled, HDMI audio working perfectly and blu-ray drive still recognized and working. Haven't had to do anything (yet). A bit shocked TBH. Figured my crappy old Z68x with F12 would be a nightmare.

Finally SUCCESS!!!

Many battles lost but i won the war. I was getting endless "uptime in nanoseconds" KP. Upgrade over El Capitan or fresh install, it didn't matter, that KP was following me like crazy. Couldn't finish the installation at all. So, I removed GPU, booted with "nv_disable=1" and installation finished with no errors. Set up Clover Bootloader, connected GPU back and tried to boot to Sierra but this time i was getting KP for NVDAStartup.kext related to IOPCFamily.kext. I took those kexts from working El Capitan build, placed them to S/L/E and rebuild caches. Booted to sierra with no problem. Reinstalled Voodoo and Ethernet kexts and Sierra is running great.

The only problem i have is that my WiFi is randomly disconnects/drops , gets slow or delayed. I can see that many Mac owners have the same issue. I've tried to reset it, deleting files in SystemConfiguration folder and rebuild it again butt no luck. I have Atheros 9280, native support card. I remember there was AirPortAtheros.kext inside of IO80211Family.kext in Snow Leopard.
Anyone with WiFi issues?

Back