Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

So I managed to fix this. What I did was firstly to enable viewing of hidden files in Finder.

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

Then mounted the EFI partition using Clover Configurator. Then I went to the Main Drive\Library\Extensions -- a folder that was hidden before -- and copied *all* the kexts into the EFI\Clover\kexts\other directory.

Following that I rebooted, selected the Install option and Sierra successfully installed.

It's blown out the NVIDIA drivers and also the HDA sound. The former doesn't appear to be available yet. Presumably it'll take them a day or so to issue an update? Appreciate advice on how to fix the HDA sound. Totally lost all sound. Thanks

Installed successfully by this way, previously was getting the rainbow wheel but after copying the kext it all went through. Updated the nvidia drivers so display is fine but getting no audio, have ALC 898, Any help?

Upgraded a hackie with GTX 750ti, had to disable to get it working. After installation successful, I updated the NVIDIA web drivers and after reboot it goes black. I'm currently using disabled to get back onto desktop. Anybody else have this problem?

Same here. GTX260. Monitor lost signal after Nvidia Web Drivers installation. Started new topic.

I have updated el captain to sierra - now after logging in the top left hand part of the screen flickers if i move mouse or type something on the keyboard. Its about an inch wide and about 3 inch long. Any ideas?

I have updated el captain to sierra - now after logging in the top left hand part of the screen flickers if i move mouse or type something on the keyboard. Its about an inch wide and about 3 inch long. Any ideas?

Sounds like you have no QE/CI. Are you using Intel HD 530 graphics? If so make sure that (inject EDID) isn't checked.

If you don't have a ""boot macOS install" option in your clover bootloader, make sure you installed the new clover version to your EFI drive. Chances are that you are updating a installation on your Mac partition while you want to update the version on your EFI partition. To do this mount the EFI drive and select "Install Clover in the ESP" (option "custom install" in the installation step)

This solved the issue of having no boot macOS install for me (none of the others in this thread helped). Turned out I was updating a clover version that isn't used for booting (duh...)

If you don't have a ""boot macOS install" option in your clover bootloader, make sure you installed the new clover version to your EFI drive. Chances are that you are uploading a installation on your Mac partition while you want to update the version on your EFI partition. To do this mount the EFI drive and select "Install Clover in the ESP" (option "custom install" in the installation step)

This solved the issue of having no boot macOS install for me (none of the others in this thread helped). Turned out I was updating a clover version that isn't used for booting (duh...)

Upgrade to the Latest version of Clover. It'll fix that issue.

Sounds like you have no QE/CI. Are you using Intel HD 530 graphics? If so make sure that (inject EDID) isn't checked.
I am using HD530, i will check if the inject EDID ticked once I get back home. How do I enable QE/CI?

Hi, I'm having a problem while updating to macOS Sierra from El Capitan. I followed the tutorial on the front page, updated Clover, downloaded the Sierra Update and followed the instruction. When the PC rebooted I selected "Boot without Caches and injected Kexts", but it stopped at this screen, and I can't boot into El Capitan anymore.

After rebooting I've realized that Clover did not update even tough I ran the installer (It still says Version 2.3k, build 2015-11-01)

Could that be the root of the problem?

Intel Core i5 4690k
Gainwards GTX 970
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Fusion Drive
(Dual Boot with Windows 10)

Attachments

• IMG_2309.jpg
    IMG_2309.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 167
Hi, I'm having a problem while updating to macOS Sierra from El Capitan. I followed the tutorial on the front page, updated Clover, downloaded the Sierra Update and followed the instruction. When the PC rebooted I selected "Boot without Caches and injected Kexts", but it stopped at this screen, and I can't boot into El Capitan anymore.

After rebooting I've realized that Clover did not update even tough I ran the installer (It still says Version 2.3k, build 2015-11-01)

Could that be the root of the problem?

Intel Core i5 4690k
Gainwards GTX 970
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
Fusion Drive
(Dual Boot with Windows 10)

Replace OsxAptioFixDrv2 with OsxAptioFixDrv.

Back