Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Works fine on H97N-WIFI. But OsxAptioFixDrv2 was causing problems. Hanging at AppleACPI. So I changed to OsxAptioFix and solved the problem.

I have a full functional Hackintosh running at a Gigabyte H97N-wifi 16GB RAM Core I5 2 Monitors full resolution, and i first tried this upgrade method updating my Clover from 3763 to 3726. It crashed, freezed and didn't work. Using a USB bootable El Capitan, i could access my MacOs El Capitan desktop and did a Clover DOWNGRADE to 3726. Then i used this method to migrate from El Capitan estou Sierra and it is OK. worked 100%. Only my tips from what i experienced. Sorry for my English.

I have a full functional Hackintosh running at a Gigabyte H97N-wifi 16GB RAM Core I5 2 Monitors full resolution, and i first tried this upgrade method updating my Clover from 3763 to 3726. It crashed, freezed and didn't work. Using a USB bootable El Capitan, i could access my MacOs El Capitan desktop and did a Clover DOWNGRADE to 3726. Then i used this method to migrate from El Capitan estou Sierra and it is OK. worked 100%. Only my tips from what i experienced. Sorry for my English.

I solved this problem. The problem was that (inject EDID) was set to true default. You need to set it to false in config.plist.

Update successful. The only problem I had was Clover version v2.3k_r3763. Used v2.3k_r3726 instead.
I too used v2.3k_r3726 as suggested by someone to boot into Sierra but have issues with graphics nVidia GT610, not getting native resolution (1366 X 768)... have tried all options listed in one of the Tony's thread.

in that case boot with nv-disable=1 then install Nvidia Web Driver and you should be done.
Well, I installed webdriver, but same thing...so options are
1 my build doesn't like webdriver or
2 maybe the output that works is DVI which I don't have, only HDMI or VGA

Weird - I'm not getting Menu Bar glitches but the App Store seems to have graphics issues and periodically the screen saver temporarily hangs and then springs to life. Ideas?

Attachments

• 2016-09-25_12-51-12.png
    2016-09-25_12-51-12.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
Well, I finally got Sierra running on both of my machines:

1st Machine: GA-X58A-UD5 rev 2.0 (Video: GV-R687OC-1GD || Radeon HD 6870)
– Installation went almost flawless and all works fine, except just two minor issues: USB 3.0 doesnt work and non-wakeup after sleep.

and
2nd Machine: GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 rev 1.0 (Video: ASUS C897P || NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260) – after three days of tossing around and endless tries and failures, I finally passed the installation process. But! My GTX 260 still doesnt work. Sierra now runs on generic graphic drivers. Brand new NVIDIA Web drivers seem not to support my GPU, so I run into turned off black monitor when I use them.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I did not know this but apparently this function is completely removed in Sierra.
See, for example,
https://www.techisky.com/tips/disk-utility-missing-features-macos-sierra.html
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201560

I started to wonder if that was the cause of Onyx made my system unstable after El Capitan.
I used to use it a lot but I stop doing so now.

Apparently I had to disable SIP in command line before I can repair the permission:
csrutil disable
http://apple.stackexchange.com/ques...to-repair-permissions-with-onyx-on-el-capitan
Okay I disabled SIP from Recovery mode. It is now disabled. But still the same with the kext wizard. Also, in Sierra, no crack or patch works, it says the "crackfilename" was closed unexpectedly.

Back