Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Repairing disk permissions is not working with kext wizard in macOS Sierra. It directly rebuilds system caches! Any solution?

no usb boot

Last edited:
I had successfully upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra but now it no longer recognizes my 750Ti even after install the latest nVidia web driver, just boot and no signal at all while the HD4600 is still ok. Anybody can help? Thanks

How about multibeast users? Is that the same process , Or there's other way to update?
If you follow tonymacx86's and my procedures in posts #1 and #2, you will only need to run toleda's updated audio driver script which is located in his sticky thread in the Sierra Desktop Support forum section. However, make sure you're running an acceptable System Definition as a lot of older Macs are not supported in Sierra. Use an iMac14,2 system definition which you can change in El Capitan using MultiBeast v8.2.3 by just changing the System Definition to iMac14,2.

UniBeast and MultiBeast for Sierra will be out shortly. There were problems with Clover that kept Sierra running properly or both the "Beasts" would have been out by now. So, if you're not in a hurry (and I wouldn't be), wait a couple of days for the "Beasts".

Last edited:
Thanks to Tony's guide, this was a nearly flawless update for me. Quite possibly the smoothest update ever - all complete within 30 minutes, including download time from the Mac App Store. I followed the directions to the letter. I made sure to update the Clover Configurator and Clover software to the latest versions before proceeding. I made a back-up using SuperDuper.

The only thing that didn't come through in Sierra is audio. To solve this issue: Is it just a matter of me creating a 10.12 folder under EFI/CLOVER/kexts and copying the realtekALC.kext into it? Or is there something else I need to do? Thanks!

Krishna

Edit: Toleda's 1.20 script did the trick! All works now. :headbang:

Last edited:
Happy to upgrade after a full day of restless effort.
I will share all my experiences with this update soon

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 8.09.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-09-25 at 8.09.04 PM.png
    4.1 MB · Views: 174
Last edited:
So I seemed to have gotten through the installation OK but when I go to boot into Sierra from the Clover boot screen, I get to where it seems like the login box should pop up (I see a background with red and blue mountains blurred) and then it just hangs.

This seems to happen no matter what boot options I choose.

Kexts in Other folder:
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

Any ideas?

Faced the same problem earlier, just add two little boot flags to enjoy your buttery smooth system
kext-dev-mode=1
nvda_drv=0

What procedure did you follow? I have same MB with i7 cpu, but have not succeeded so far.
First step goes well, then installer reboots and the install freezes with spinning beachball after a while.

I followed the steps exactly as from this thread:
1. Backup
2. updated Clover
3. fake.smc downloaded and copied to /EFI /CLOVER /kexts /Other/
4. Sierra installed with Clover options: Without Caches and Inject kexts
5. re-installed ALC892 with audio_cloverALC-120.command (Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio)
That's all.

Last edited:
Back