Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

. . . The only issue I had was getting my Apple Bluetooth mouse to work properly. I ended up disconnecting the mouse, shutting down, booting up, and then re-pairing the mouse. After that the mouse worked perfectly and so does Sierra. . .

Tom

Thank you doc! I had restarted Bluetooth, unplugged & replugged dongle, turned mouse on and off, etc. I even thought I had disconnected & reconnected earlier today. This time disconnecting & reconnecting did the trick. It was my final head scratcher after upgrading to Sierra.:cool:

Some users have reported success using this version of clover perhaps you could give it a try!
"Clover_v2.3k_r3726.zip"

Thanks for the advice. I was able to move forward a bit. After the reboot, selected Boot Mac OS X and got stuck here forever. Please see the attached screen.

Edit: I was able to go past this screen with nv_disable=1. It seems El capitan got updated to macos because I noticed that mouse pointer speed is again reset to defaults. Now I see the login screen asking for the password. The problem now is that the USB (2.0) mouse is working but the USB (2.0) keyboard is not working. So I can't use the keyboard to get past the login screen. How can I get the keyboard working ?

Thank you.

Edit1 : I'm now on Sierra but nVidia graphics issues are there.. It's not showing the native resolution (1366 * 768) even after installing the latest drivers from nVidia.

Attachments

• IMG_20160925_090210.jpg
    IMG_20160925_090210.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Mine just restarts but I don't see any errors from verbose. I do see under the "Kernal Extensions in the backtrace" that it's loading the AppleTyMCEDriver...and other people's screen shots don't have that. I normally delete that so I can get my GPU to work. I want to add it back, but don't have a copy. Can anyone give me an unedited AppleTyMCEDriver.kext for 10.11.6? Or, can you see anything else that might be causing my error? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5259.JPG
    IMG_5259.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 127
Massive thanks for this guide. It worked for me flawlessly. No deviations from the guide. Just follow it.

Be sure to do a full backup of your install before doing anything. It's always nice to have a backup; like oversized jeans. You hope you never have to use them but it's awfully nice to have them just in case.

I am writing this from my Gigabyte Z170MX Gaming 5 and i56600K. I even got Sierra to read my RX 480, and all 8GB of its memory.

After the install, I mounted my EFI partition using Clover Configurator and used the Toleda Script for audio. Beautiful work, guys. Thank you.

Weirdly it appears that Sierra has blown out the visibility of Mounting of EFI in the Finder window. I would suggest that you Mount the EFI using EFI Mounter v3.app this then should display in the Finder window as a Device

You then need to view hidden files on the Hackingtosh so that you can copy all the kexts from Library\Extensions into EFI\Clover\Other that should work.

To show hidden files on your Hackingtosh open a Terminal and cut and paste each of these two lines

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
killall Finder

The go to the "Go" menu in Finder, hold down Option and then select Library. This will open the library window... then find extensions and copy all those kexts in there into EFI\Clover\Other

this should help... am guessing
No it did not

Worked when I followed the directions regarding kexts! lol

The installer set up fine though it wouldn't fully boot. I reinstalled Clover a second time and then moved my kexts to Other, after it struck me that there wasn't a 10.12 folder generated with the Clover update. Was then able to boot smoothly to the installer and it has been smooth sailing, mind you, with my legacy BIOS Z68 rig. :-D

Thanks for the advice. I was able to move forward a bit. After the reboot, selected Boot Mac OS X and got stuck here forever. Please see the attached screen.
Update was getting stuck for me to at that point also. You should boot in verbose to see exactly where it's hanging. Mine was stuck at "kexts wait (0): AppleACPICPU." I fixed it when I realized I had accidentally mounted and moved the kexts in to the 'other' folder in the wrong EFI partition. After I correctly mounted the EFI partition of my boot drive and moved the kexts into the proper 'other' folder, the installation moved right along.

Easy update - I did the direct update using Clover. Was struggling with Realtek ALC 1150 audio - did not have any output devices.
Had to copy updated config.plist from /EFI/CLOVER to /EFI/CLOVER/OEM/Z97X-UD5H/UEFI.
Sound working now.

View attachment 212016

Hi,
No sound too after update. Could you please explain in details how you did for the config.plist trick ?

Update successful. The only problem I had was Clover version v2.3k_r3763. Used v2.3k_r3726 instead.

Back