Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Installation went smooth for me, but I got ‘not enough free space’ when selecting my system disk. Then I went to Disk Utility and it seems that it's currently Not Mounted and has Zero KB's of available capacity. Help?

Edit: Now I tried booting back to capitan but I'm stuck at Sandbox: awacsd(349) deny(1) file-read-data

Last edited:
Hi all, I did all the process no issues/panics but cannot boot sierra.. all seems to be good but got a black screen.
I'm using ga-z77x-ud5h i7 3770k and gtx650ti (HDMI only) . sys def 12,2 (if I use 13,2 I lose the internal broadcomm BT)
El Capitan is ok on another disk
any ideas? big tks

If you got any kexts related to cpu management - delete them
Thank you for your answer. I did opposite and copied Cpu management kext in EFI folder. Now i can boot further, but problem with video card left. After verbose -v finish loading, i hear my HDD spining but monitor says "No signal". Dont know how properly inject Ati Radeon HD6670

Well, I gave it a shot and could not get it to work. I got it to update then coundn't get it to not kernel panic. I then created a USB Sierra install drive. That worked but gave the same results. Then used it to restore El Capitan. Ill wait a while until I have a better understanding of everything.

Jules

Leave it as is. FakeSMC kext is a must or it won't boot at all.
i used fakeSMC in other folder for updation because this Direct update Guide but i also installed FakeSMC kext in L/E folder that's why i asked to remove form EFI/Clover/Kext/other folder. My Patched AppleHDA also not working now i used VoodooHDA for sound.

Back