Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

@rysk ...Quick question, which version of clover did you use? Did you use an older version? Thanks!

I've installed the latest clover. Coped FakeSMC.kext and RealtekRTL111.kext to Other, I've rebooted and tried no caches and injected caches, verbose. It just hangs at "exited with abnormal code 1". I'm not sure how to get to the installer screen. Thanks.

Can this procedure be used with an El Cap install that was done with Multibeast/Unibeast?

OK my problem was that I had been copying my .kext files to the wrong EFI directory, I mistakenly had another EFI directory. Once I mounted the real one, and put the kext's there, Sierra installed no problems. The only issues I see now are
- Slow boot times (even after a restart)
- No usb audio sound (even after a restart)

Did you upgrade clover to the latest version.

Sorry my Bad.. I thought the bootloader in MB is the latest version... After reading carefully on the instruction, I'm in macOS Sierra now. Had to use nv_disable=1 or it will hang at the Apple logo screen.

MacPro3,1 does not meet the minimum spec to install Sierra.
If you want to install Sierra then you must change the system definition as previously stated.
Suggested system definition is iMac14,2.
Worked Perfectly. Thanks. MacOS upgrade complete with no issues.

Hello comunity, I have a problem updating to Sierra using latest clover and folowing the tut up here step by step . Every time I stuck at "could not unmount disk for repair" when trying to update. I asume that the problem is that my hack isnt shut's down or reboot corectly and sierra detects that and cancels the disk unmount as seen from the log "detected user may force shut down the machine". What is strange is that i had also made a installer USB, installed latest clover, used latest fakesmc found here, installer boots fine but I get stuck at "failed to unmount disk FOR repair" . When booting I chose "without caches". Also tried nvram -c to reset nvram, cmos reset, same deal. I thing the problem is "Previous shutdown cause: 5 . Sorry FOR my bad English i hope YOU can understand me. Thank you FOR your time !
My hack
Mb: Asus x99 deluxe u 3.1
Cpu: Intel 5820k
Gpu: Nvidia gtx 980 ti
St: Samsung SSD for Windows
2tb SSHD FOR hack
PS: Ive tried with the Windows ssd disconnected, same result .
Forgot to mention: smbios 6.1 all working on el capitan including iMessage

Attachments

• IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    5.1 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_0057.JPG
    IMG_0057.JPG
    6 MB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 168
Last edited: