Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Any solution for audio and network?
I also don't have audio and my display screen is glitching all time.
Any solutions?

Can't boot on my system with asrock h81m-itx and i5-4460 using onboard graphics.
Sierra installs and runs fine on clover 3726, crash occurs on 3751 and 3763 (boot process can't go past phase 1, seems like onboard graphics doesn't get initialized).
I tried also with the standard config.plist with no success, again on 3726 the system boots just fine even with standard config.plist

I've updated my profile page and please help me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exact same situation here.

I have an Intel mb dh55pj , with i3 530 2.93 GHz. Nvidia gt610.

Let us know if you can fix it.

SOLVED!!!

1.- Changed video card (From another setup, that will stay in capitan for now...) using now gt630.
2.- enabled LoadVBios, and disabled InjectNvidia, rechecked use webdriver, et voila!

works.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Managed to get this system to Sierra from ElCap.6 on the second try, by booting the installer normally.

For groundwork, I updated Clover to 3751 and copied FakeSMC.kext and AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other, previously occupied by Shiki.kext and iMac,kext (a plist-only module to inject device IDs for Shiki and the GTX960). I was already running on an iMac 14,2 sysdef.

Installer app ran very quickly. Rebooted, added nv_disable=1, selected installer, selected "without caches" and booted. Apple logo comes up, row of pluses in the top left. Progress bar goes maybe a tenth. Pinwheel, mouse works. Does nothing for about 10-15 minutes, then freezes, necessitating a hard reset.

ElCap was unaffected, and still booted. The installer was still available in Clover. After going back into ElCap to make sure it worked, I tried the installer again, but booting it normally (I think I saw someone on this thread try that). It went through the Apple logo, into the GUI and installed. I went through the post-install clean-up of installing nvidia drivers and adjusting Clover accordingly. This was a bit difficult as Clover Configurator wouldn't mount the EFI partition and I needed to use Terminal to do it. It turned out that the drives occasionally trade places and at the time my macOS drive was disk1, swapping back to disk0 a couple of reboots later just to keep me on my toes. No effect on Windows so far. It took a couple of runs of Clover-ALC120 to get sound back, and the system was back up and running.

And it still seems okay, though I had to turn off sleep tonight after I interrupted a sleep attempt and effectively locked it, forcing a hard reset. Siri works, Shiki plays iTunes Store content, all appears well, but will play some more this weekend.

Back