Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Try adding nullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the same folder as FakeSMC.

I have same motherboard and problem. Adding that kext solved mine.

Still didn't work. I tried booting with or without caches.

When I select which disk I want to install to, it says 'This disk cannot be used to start up your computer'. Help please!

Sam exact problem here. If I dont get the black screen with the beach ball, I get black screen with the mouse arrow stuck in upper left corner of screen. Frustrated to say the least. If you find the trick let us know!
I got the installer to finally finish... I had to "Inject Kexts" AND select "without cache" and voila!
Now to get my broadcom working from another article here and then HDMI over my Geforce card

Worked like a charm on my build #1. After installation I had to use toleda's audio fix. After the restart also audio working :)

Thanks a lot:clap:

Yes you will need to add those two parameters to your config.plist shown in number 3. This will disable SIP (System Integrity Protection) and allow 3rd party kexts to load. Well spotted:clap:
:thumbup: I will get back to you with the result.

Successfully updated in place with only FakeSMC.kext copied to /Other/ and Clover r3763 installed. I did have to dig out a corded mouse and update my Logitech Unifying Software from 1.1 to 1.2 but that was no biggie.

Not sure how you did it I keep getting black screen of death after reboot progress bar barely moves then reboots - I actually bought a new drive as I thought mine was corrupt. This happens after I installed Clover update - Any ideas very frustrated after 12 hours of circling

I was finally able to restore my backup so I am back on El Capitan - Sierra is not an option until there is a fix for this or some valid install path other than just update clover and install....

Last edited:
upgrade without problem by following the manual, after last restart without audio, solved quickly with "audio_cloverALC-120.command"
Thank you very much

Unsuccessful upgrade. It starts the installation and by minute 28 for installation to finish it reboots. GIGABYTE Z97XSLI with I5. Also have a nvidia card and set the proper nv_disable=1. Still same behavior.

Back