Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

My experience, almost perfect. From 10.11.6 and app store following Tony's advice line by line.....

I'd already upgraded Clover to 3763 before starting.

Update worked perfectly, so well, that during the "sign with Apple ID" part of the Sierra install, the Nvidia Driver Manager was already asking to update itself and the Nvidia drivers.

I ignored it and booted into Sierra.

Here I found myself had a very odd screen resolution 1600 x something instead of my usual crisp 1440p.
SO, I upgraded the GPU drivers using the Nvidia Driver Manager and made the NvidiaWeb .plist changes as advised.

Rebooted.

NO CHANGE.

Checked there was no nvidia injection (I did not believe there was any to begin with and there wasn't)

Rebooted again.

NO CHANGE. Checking in sys info, GPU card wasn't recognised or named and no kext named or loaded. So...

I FIXED IT BY: Downloading again the Nvidia driver using the links Tony provided and reinstalling the video driver straight over the exisiting one. Did not uninstall the existing installed ones, just ran the package. With the config.plist change already in place......

Rebooted...and

That fixed it. Everything (and I mean everything) is working. Toleda script for audio (898) just great as ever. Thanks.

Thanks to all the people here Tony, Stork, Toleda and Rehab and everyone for this ever amazing font of knowledge.

TLDR: If you've made the NvidiaWeb .plist changes and are still having Nvidia Web Driver issues, instead of using the Nvidia Driver Manager to download them and update them, try just downloading them from Tony's links and just running the package and reinstalling them over the top of your existing ones.

That's all guys!

Last edited:
I've Updated to Sierra my Hack (iMac 14,2) from App Store without problem.
1st system: El Cap to Sierra and 2nd system: Yosemite to Sierra.
Clover r3763, -Verbose boot option, disabled Fast Boot, SIP disabled (x67)
Sound, USB3 works fine.

Hi all,

Post MacOS Sierra help required.
A little help please, Using H170M-D3H and Skylake i5 6600 and GTX 970 With system definition 17,1 Was absolutely 100% perfect with El Cap!

• Updated Clover all good.
  • Placed FakeSMC in other.
  • Installed Sierra, all went smoothly!
  • Rebooted (after install) and Nvidia drivers wanted to update.
  • Did update to Nvidia, rebooted...... Screen went to power saving.
    (thought it was usual issue with sys def 17,1), patched AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext in single user mode, no joy!! still black screen after boot.
  • changed smbios in clover to 13,2 works fine with nvidia drivers so not driver issue.

So anyone got any info on using sys def 17,1 with gtx 970 and Sierra? usual AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy.kext fix does not seem to work.
Also AppleHDA audio not working when was perfectly ok in El Cap?

Any info or pointers on these two issues would be very helpful!

For Nvidia drivers see here NVIDIA Releases Alternate Graphics Drivers for macOS Sierra 10.12.0 (367.15.10.05)
For audio remove your old AppleHDA.kext patches from your config.plist. With the EFI partition mounted use toleda's script here. Works perfectly for ALC1150 on my Skylake build. Sierra Desktop/Realtek AppleHDA Audio

Hey thanks for the reply wildwillow!

I am already using 367.15.10.05, driver isnt an issue its using sys def 17,1 it would seem can only get it to work with 13,2
as for teh audio i will give this a try, again thanks for the reply :)

Hi guys, still having the KP as per page 28.
Full specs on this build:
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 | CPU: Intel 2600k Core i7 3.5ghz | RAM: 12gb DDR3 1066mhz | GFX:Gigabyte Geforce GTX 560ti 1024mb | HDD: (Main) Samsung 850 Evo 512gb - (Media) Seagate Barracuda 3tb 7200rpm

Im getting that NVDA kernel panic, even if i enable VESA, enable WEB, disable caches etc. I can't even boot back into my old system anymore on it.

Hello guys
My update succeded but no sound , my motherboard is Asus P8Z77 V deluxe with ALC 898
Edit: i just installed audio_cloverALC-120.command and audio work but not microphone :(

Last edited:
Back