Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Hello Guys :)

I clicked in clover install Mac OSX option and after a long time it seems to be installed. I've lost this option in clover, so i clicked the normal booting option and now i get this :
Any help ?

Attachments

• IMG_20160923_062717.jpg
    IMG_20160923_062717.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 123
Thanks Tony and all other devs to make is possible again.
ill wait for multibeast and unibeast.

Again thanks a million to all who made it possible.

Cheers

Temporary audio solutions for those having audio issue ...use this !! works good with 10.12

(before install ...remove any alc or HDA enabler in S/L/E )

Attachments

• VoodooHDA.zip
    322.4 KB · Views: 130
Mount EFI partition using either Clover Configulator (latest version fixed the issue of EFI mounting) or EFI MounterV3 and copy in Finder.
Yeah but how it the machine does not boot. I have only the boot load screen with the options

Just updated latest Clover with installer from SourceForge and cant login. After boot I can see blurry desktop screen but there is no user icon and no field for password. Can someone please help...

Thanks for the upgrade instructions. Everything went as described and it looks good, but will do more testing.

I have a problem about kextd wait busy timeout IOHDACodecFunction. Any ideas how to fix this?

These instructions do not work with my system shown in my signature.
I copied FakeSMC.kext to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.
I updated Clover to r3761 (also tried r3762 and r3763).
Had to remove graphics card and use on board graphics - HDMI port - in order to get installer to run.
Had to DESELECT Without Caches in order to get installer to run.
I used Clover r3763 and r3762 - would not boot with graphics card - onboard graphics booted OK.
Tried many boot options to get boot with graphics card:
Have installed alternate NVIDIA graphics drivers - NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers for OS X 10.12.0 (16A23) - would not boot.
nv_disable=1 would not boot.
nvda_drv=1 would not boot.
vebose mode showed hung at FakeSMC: [Fatal] failed to initialize SMC device.
Tried adding:
<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>YES</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

to config.plist and removing nvda_drv=1 but still would not boot with graphics card - onboard graphics booted OK.

So on Sierra:
1. No graphics card.
2. Also, no Audio.
3. Also system will not shut down or restart - Have tried FIXSHUTDOWN in config.plist - no dice.

Previous El Capitan worked perfectly.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I updated from app store El Capitan to Sierra. No graphics and no sound. Also Nvidia alternate drivers don't work for me :banghead:

iMac 12,2 - GeForce GTX 760

Edit: I changed to iMac 14,2 and everything works perfect!

Last edited:
Back