Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

yup... me too... install went smooth, but loosing signal after boot up with Nvidia (gt660) without AND with the web drivers!
the only way to get a signal to the screen is to boot without the card in the PC... :-/

anyone any idea so far??
Until now, no. The 660 or 600 ti has had native support since 10.8.3 it's weird that is causing trouble with Sierra.

My only solution until now was going back to El Capitan, until Unibeast and Multibeast comes out.

Read the post #317 It can be help! if it helps let me know I will try after clean install.

Update on my Maximus VIII Hero Alpha was a little frustrating until this guide came out. What I was missing was items 2 and 5 in the guide...simple once you know!
Audio works fine as do all the other bits and pieces.
Now if anyone has any ideas for updating with a 6950X CPU....I am stuck...

Successfully updated in place with only FakeSMC.kext copied to /Other/ and Clover r3763 installed. I did have to dig out a corded mouse and update my Logitech Unifying Software from 1.1 to 1.2 but that was no biggie.

A little bit tricky to make the sound works again. Had to mount EFI and change the path to it in toleda's 120 script.

I will confirm I have this working when enabling kext, verbose, web graphics enabled, and without cache selected.

This worked for me on the system in my signature - thanks!

I had to change from Mac Pro 3,1 to iMac 13,2 to download MacOS Sierra. All seems to be working well, just need to get audio working. That's a job for the weekend!

Updated successfully to Sierra. No sound yet, but one thing I did notice... I ran Unigine Heaven, and when I hit "benchmark," it closes back to the Unigine start screen. Does the same thing with VALLEY. I've already updated the nVidia drivers, (GTX950) and all seems to be working. That's the only GFX glitch I've noticed. Just thought I'd let everyone know my findings. Anyone have any idea what's causing it to crash?

Alright I'm just lost, I normally don't like to post but I just don't know what to do anymore. My currently build is running perfectly in el cap.
It is a gigabyte z170mx gaming 5 mobo
8gb ballistic ram
Gtx 980ti
I5-6500
I am on the latest clover and I have copied all of my current kext files into the other folder inside EFI

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 188
Hi guys. Seems nVDA is causing a kernel panic no matter if I disable the drivers or not with flags.

Any suggestions?

This is on my 560ti build.

Attachments

• IMG_3061.JPG
    IMG_3061.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Asus P8Z77-V LK
Intel i7-3770K 3.5Ghz
MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4G/4096 GDDR5 Overclock Edition
Stops at "system uptime in nanoseconds". I have tried everything, but i can't get it past this point.

FakeSMC is in the other folder in Clover. Running Clover 3751, I tried the newest one and the results were the same. System runs El Capitan like a champ.

I attached my config.plist and a screenshot of the verbose screen.View attachment 211502

Try adding nullCPUPowerManagement.kext in the same folder as FakeSMC.

I have same motherboard and problem. Adding that kext solved mine.

Back