Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

I also tried with verbose mode and notice that it stops and reboot with "timeout kextd AppleACPICPU", anyone have this error?
I have it:(

No idea then - This problem is usually caused by the lack of FakeSMC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other.

These guide threads are not intended for help and quickly degenerate into just so much white noise in the background.
It is far better to create a new thread of your own in the appropriate forum.
for example : Sierra Desktop Support
Is there a way to check from the clover boot load screen if the kext is there?

Did exactly as the guide told and with the Toleda script for audio, everything works flawlessly! Heck even the TP-LINK WN725N wifi adapter which has not drivers for 10.12 and my bluetooth dongle which is not natively compatible works perfect !!!

Same happened to me. Added the FakeSMC to Clover "Other" folder.
How to add the kext in the other folder from the Clover boatload screen?

Booted without cache and with all the kexts copied from El Capitan. The install process took a while but all went well. Need just a new wi-fi card since my H97N-wifi comes with an intel module. Aside from the wi-fi connection everything is working fine.

Having the same issue. I followed all the steps as listed, still no luck
Ok I don't know if it applies to everyone but the acpicpu issue might be associated to Clover 3763. I downgraded to 3751 and right now it looks like it's upgrading. Fingers crossed and hopefully I should be having a working Sierra.

Guys, my installer boots into the El Capitan installer. Anyone encountered this? No idea how to fix :)

yup... me too... install went smooth, but loosing signal after boot up with Nvidia (gt660) without AND with the web drivers!
the only way to get a signal to the screen is to boot without the card in the PC... :-/

anyone any idea so far??
Until now, no. The 660 or 600 ti has had native support since 10.8.3 it's weird that is causing trouble with Sierra.

My only solution until now was going back to El Capitan, until Unibeast and Multibeast comes out.

Back