Contribute
Register

Direct Update to macOS Sierra using Clover

Successfully Update on my Lenovo G570 laptop ...everything is working. :clap::clap::clap::clap::headbang::headbang::headbang:

So I seemed to have gotten through the installation OK but when I go to boot into Sierra from the Clover boot screen, I get to where it seems like the login box should pop up (I see a background with red and blue mountains blurred) and then it just hangs.

This seems to happen no matter what boot options I choose.

Kexts in Other folder:
AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext
FakeSMC.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext

Any ideas?
I am getting the same situation when booting El Capitan with the latest Clover releases.
Typing the password there (at the supposedly blank screen) and hitting enter logs me in, but the system works slowly and displays graphic glitches.

Hello everyone ,

Direct upgrade good, and I had to recover audio TOLEDA.
but I fail to shut down properly.
wol not in bios, no activation disk to access the network, no remains of ancient facilities.
I do not want to use NullCPUPowerManagement, because I have a z77 and is supposed to go native,
in clover configurator does not affect or halt fixshutdown-enabler is the same if placed or removed.
when you are given the order to shut off everything and seems to be shut down and restart.
someone with this problem?
thanks to all.

Last edited:
I'm having issues while booting. I checked -without caches and using the latest Clover. This is the error I get:

osxaptiofixdrv error requested memory

I tried both aptio drivers, but no chance. Any suggestions?

Hi everyone,

This is my first Hackintosh and I successfully installed El Cap last year using your process :clap:

I would like to update to Sierra from my el cap install which is stable and was starting with trepidation to follow the instructions - so far i have updated clover to latest version but when i mount the EFI (with EFI mounter v3) and look in the 10.11 folder all i have is realtekALC.kext - I cannot find FakeSMC.kext anywhere? this seems to be an important part of the process so can anyone let me know if i need this if it isn't present ( i found out the EFi identifiers and checked all others in case but were empty)

cheers!

I am getting the same situation when booting El Capitan with the latest Clover releases.
Typing the password there (at the supposedly blank screen) and hitting enter logs me in, but the system works slowly and displays graphic glitches.

I wound up fixing the install by replacing the config.plist with the one I used in El Capitan. This fixed the graphics and speed errors I was having. I did have to install the Nvidia alternate graphics.

I upgraded through the AppStore with out any problems. Worked just like any other upgrade. Updated NVIDIA web drivers, reinstalled sound and USB 3. Everything works fine except CUDA which is up to NVIDIA to fix. The upgrade even went faster on my Hackintosh than it did on my MacMini.

Hey guys, please help me.

I would install the ne Mac Os Sierra on my Hackintosh. I configured it 1 years ago with UniBeast and MultiBeast.

So...first thing that I've done is update Clover. So, I downloaded it and ran the pkg, so i successfully installed it.

After reboot, I choose the Mac partition (with new clover design, wow) and...everything is messed up. Everything works strange. The finder doesn't appear, not all the application doesn't work fine...a disaster.

So, I reinstall Clover from MultiBeast (an older version of clover, the only one that I can choose from MultiBeast) and now everything work well.

So...how can I update to Mac OS Sierra if I can't install a newer version of clover?

Please, help me...thank you.

Had to update Clover to 3763 to get the "Boot macOS install from X". One I choose that with verbose (no kexts or with ) it stops at this line and reboots .

I see also a AppleACPICPU timeout...

Any suggestions ??

Attachments

• IMG_2893.JPG
    IMG_2893.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Back